Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to hook the keyboard. [VB.NET] [TuT]
Shouldn't this be at HF? No matter what you call it it's still obviously meant for keylogging.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Vorfin,

I like you're tutorial. I am a beginner coder in .Net. I was wondering if you could explain what part of the code intercepts the key strokes. In other words, what part of the code lets the program know that you are looking for keyboard strokes? Is it all of the beginning code under Public Class Form1?
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-10-2009, 08:37 AM)The Defender Wrote: Shouldn't this be at HF? No matter what you call it it's still obviously meant for keylogging.

No, No, No. Firstly keylogging is not illegal, I guarantee you that your work/school has keyloggers installed on all of the PCs for security. Secondly hooking the keyboard has other uses, such as getting information into a program that isn't the first on the screen, or sending text to somewhere other than a text box.

This is SupportForums I posted something that will Support peoples learning of VB.NET. Now seriously, I have never given a negative rep on any forum, ever, but mark my words, the next person who tells me to post on HF is going to get a nasty one.

(10-10-2009, 09:37 AM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: Vorfin,

I like you're tutorial. I am a beginner coder in .Net. I was wondering if you could explain what part of the code intercepts the key strokes. In other words, what part of the code lets the program know that you are looking for keyboard strokes? Is it all of the beginning code under Public Class Form1?

Correct, the "Public Class KeyboardHook" Right under the "Public Class Form1"
[Image: Lj]
(10-09-2009, 02:35 PM)Vorfin Wrote: It intercepts and re-directs the keys that are pressed to your program before they reach their intended destination. That makes it log every key, unlike GetAnsyc which is highly unreliable.

Lol a Keylogger, why couldn't you just say that lol. But anywho good job kiddo.
Thanks mate.... Actually working on this
i dont really understand about this because i've never try about coding..can u please teach me more..
[Image: awilfmasig.png]

Welcome back, awil. You last visited: 07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Current time: 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
This is not a keylogger and almost anything that was meant for good can be used malicously just depends how you look at it
Good Job =)
(10-18-2009, 09:31 AM)General Dee Wrote: This is not a keylogger and almost anything that was meant for good can be used malicously just depends how you look at it
He's perfectly right. Ambulances are made for good, to save lives, but I could easily steal one and run over nun's and orphan's.

As always, great stuff Vorfin, keep it up! Thumbsup
/thread
Nice, rated 5 stars.
|| Rules || Market ||
[Image: t6e147.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB.NET Port Scanner [TUT] Fragma 30 12,601 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀
  [TUT] MD5 Encrypter & Finder [VB.NET] Fragma 12 6,869 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀
  [TUT] How to make a simple WebBrowser in VB 2010! [TUT] - [ Pictures] Statics 95 54,991 10-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Last Post: a99
  [TUT]Auto-Update System[TUT] HB Virus 3 2,128 01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Mastermrz
  [TUT]Enable and Disable TaskManger in vb.net [TUT] HB Virus 4 2,812 12-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Last Post: euverve