Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translators
Maybe we could edit the rule that states that you must speak in english, and edit it to say English, Spanish or German (as that is the translators we have).

That way we could put our translators to work.
I just thought of it, since happypenguin knows german and Papa Spot knows spanish.
It's just an idea, to have translators.

_ISR_m3rc_
I don't know would anyone really use it if we did I could do French to BTW.
I mean, if people joined, and all they spoke was German, French or Spanish, we could have one of our translators translate it, and write back to them in that lanuage.

_ISR_m3rc_
Yes thats true but when you think about it how many members are we really going to get speaking one of those languages?
The rules say:
1 * Languages: Posts are preferred in the English Language, but you may post in another language as long as your translate whatever you said into English.

So, you may post in whatever language you wish, as long as you translate whatever you said into English!

Happy Wrote:Yes thats true but when you think about it how many members are we really going to get speaking one of those languages?
I think what ISR means is, IF people DO post in those languages, the translaters have to translate them...
~ FFW
But still ISR has a good idea here.
_ISR_m3rc_ Wrote:Maybe we could edit the rule that states that you must speak in english, and edit it to say English, Spanish or German (as that is the translators we have).

That way we could put our translators to work.
I just thought of it, since happypenguin knows german and Papa Spot knows spanish.
It's just an idea, to have translators.

_ISR_m3rc_

Happy is also fluent in Spanish AND French. That's pretty impressive.

http://firefox.neopian-hosting.com/showt...hp?tid=666
I think it's a great idea, ISR. I don't know what the measure of "fluent" is but I can carry on a conversation. I'm sure Happy would be able to bail us out if I ran up against something that was beyond my skill level.

Also, I haven't asked her but I expect that Mama Spot would be willing to help too when she's feeling up to it. Spanish is her native language. Also, she can SMELL from forty miles away if someone is using a translation engine.
I have used translation enginges for a couple things there not the best. And thank you it did take a lot of work to speak 4 languages fluently including english.
happypenguin Wrote:I have used translation enginges for a couple things there not the best. And thank you it did take a lot of work to speak 4 languages fluently including english.

(Pssst! Happy! No offense but I think you should spend more time on English.)

Tongue