Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guantanamo should close, says Attorney General
happypenguin Wrote:well im not really sure i need to here more about it i cant tell at this point when i do i will say so

What more

would you need to hear, Happy? You should be able to at least answer the primary question. Could torture EVER be acceptable?

To everyone:

This is not a trick I'm playing to try to get you to give the "wrong" answer and then tell you why you're wrong. I'm just trying to get people to think things

through. I'm actually less interested in your answer than I am interested in WHY you gave that answer. There's no right or wrong answer here. I just want

everyone to THINK about this and then go back and look at WHY you believe the way you believe.

Papa
happypenguin Wrote:Ya you changed you mind pretty quick there oh yes if you go to ltest heasdlines you can see whats happenging

Try to look at this independent of the headlines, Happy. What do YOU believe and WHY do you believe it?
Well not torture should never be acceptable in most cases it all depends on the situation really for me
I guess

this just isn't the place for hard questions. :'(

Papa
Papa Spot Wrote:I guess this just isn't the place for hard questions.
lol.
Well me, I believe, that if a man has killed (not as in self-defense),

he should die slowly, with tourture.

I mean, today, we live in a society where they just put the person to 'sleep' and it ain't that bad.

Maybe if

some of us law abidin citizens carried guns with us, there wouldn't be as much crime and the bad guy would think twice about robbing a bank, or some

store.

But when they catch them on charges of murdering a bunch of people, they just 'put them to sleep' (if that) and the next guy doesn't see it as

bad.

Maybe if they saw the consequences (meaning, more sever) they would think twice about killing and such.

_ISR_m3rc_
well

im not so sure about everything you said because torture is very harsh and we have better ways to do things now a days like putting them to "sleep" as

you said but in reality you shouldnt torture them everyone should face the same consuequnces i dont know how to spell that word we should have the

same consuequnces for evryone not for just 1 particualr thing because that would make are goverment not seem real good
Okay,

GREAT!! I'm glad to see you guys thinking this out and reasoning. Now I have a couple of questions...not to be argumentative but to take the thought

process a little farther.

ISR, you said that you support a slow painful death for anyone who murders. But what about the Constitution? The

Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment". Wouldn't that be a problem? And what about your religion? (And I'm NOT criticizing your beliefs...I

just want you to consider your answer in light of them.) Now the Bible DOES say that whomever sheds man's blood, by man should their blood be shed

(paraphrased). But how do you think Jesus would look at putting people to death slowly and painfully. Again, I'm NOT trying to cause a conflict...only

trying to get you to look at this from all different angles.

Happy, I agree that there needs to be consistency. But how far would you want to take it? If,

for example you say that anyone who murders someone else should be put to death, what are you going to do about a wife who, after years of torture and

abuse at the hands of her husband, gets fed up and kacks him. (Assume that the "battered wife" defense wouldn't apply and that she was just guilty of

murder.) Should SHE be put to death? Shouldn't there be some flexibility for extenuating circumstances? (If I misunderstood what you were saying,

please excuse and disregard this.)

You guys both get kudos for daring to THINK and to give your opinions here!!

Papa
Ok.

Let me clarify, and try to put this simple.

I believe that everyone who sins (murders, kills, anything sinful) should have a chance to repent, and then

let the law of the land preside.

(And by the way, The Law of the Land came from God)

_ISR_m3rc_
happy Wrote:and we have better ways to do things now a days like putting them to "sleep" as you said
Yeah, but say they killed a person very

slowly. Should they be just 'put to sleep' with no pain and after all think how much pain they caused their victim. I think they should be killed slowly

too.

-Beta
I think

the person should be killed exacly how he killed his victim.

If he shot them, he should be shot. If he slit their throat, his throat should be

slit.

FW
~ FFW

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Close Dcrac23 10 1,319 10-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Eve