Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux [Conky Wizard]
Conky is a free, light weight system monitor for Linux that displays information on your desktop.
Code:
sudo apt-get install conky
(or just simply search/install "Conky" from the Ubuntu Software Centre/Synaptic Package Manager)

To use Conky, you must manually set it up, you need to create the configuration file and customize it yourself. Now you can do this a lot easier using Conky Wizard,
a GUI written in Qt and C++ to set up Conky and customize everything visually.

Conky Wizard default theme is based on the Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 Conky theme which was available @ Gnome-Look but it allows you to customize every detail as well as automatically run it on startup and so on. It even sets up the delay required for Conky to be displayed correctly after the computer starts up. Please note that it has only been tested with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 so it may not work with other Ubuntu versions.

Screen Shots:

[Image: ConkyWizard%20-%20Version%201.0%20Beta%201_003.png]

[Image: ConkyWizard%20-%20Version%201.0%20Beta%201_004.png]

[Image: ConkyWizard%20-%20Version%201.0%20Beta%201_005.png]

You can download it from here: http://www.webupd8.org/2010/06/conkywiza...conky.html

I personally don't use "Conky" but this may help people that are having trouble setting it up.
There is also Conky GUI: http://sourceforge.net/projects/conkygui/ (If you know of any others, post them.)

Wow, I had been looking around for this everywhere. Thanks for putting it up here.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
(07-12-2010, 10:36 AM)Heli0s Wrote: Wow, I had been looking around for this everywhere. Thanks for putting it up here.

No worries, i came across it the other day.

Well, thanks for bringing it up. I would have never found it had it not been for you.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
Thanks for putting this man great share
thanks alot dude never knew they had these.
Nice, had this some time ago but couldn't remember the name.

Thanks ;)

Q
This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing it mate.
Thanks for sharing bro.
Will try this one.

-cgeek