Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does it take to change IP
I can't change it from restarting router, I have to call my ISP. And I'm just the kid in the house, so will they let me change it? Also what are the affects that it does..? Anything to the internet connection or just changes the ip
IPs eventually change overtime, the length of time is different between different ISPs. All it does is change your IP address - nothing else.
I know it changes over time, but I'm firewalled on HF and really cba waiting after seeing it's been 2 weeks for someone since he got firewalled. So would my parents eventually find out? They don't look at the IP Ever
(07-08-2010, 12:17 PM)ReaLiTy™ Wrote: I know it changes over time, but I'm firewalled on HF and really cba waiting after seeing it's been 2 weeks for someone since he got firewalled. So would my parents eventually find out? They don't look at the IP Ever

Go here: http://hackforums.net/contact.php

Tell them that you were firewalled, and you should be able to access HackForums in 24 hours or less.
I can't access it since I'm firewalled. I already did it on a vps though, so we'll see.
(07-08-2010, 12:20 PM)ReaLiTy™ Wrote: I can't access it since I'm firewalled. I already did it on a vps though, so we'll see.

Yes, you need to do it on a proxy, VPS, etc.
I've had my IP for 6 months, I had to call my ISP to change it.
Hah, what? But you don't really have to call your ISP to change ... I don't?
dark0ne.. it depends on your ISP/Router.
My IP is changed simply by turning off my router for a few seconds. Check with your ISP that you don't have a static IP or something.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've been after OSRS gold for a very long time yuandanzou 0 508 04-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Last Post: yuandanzou
  How long does it take to recieve a Amazon Gift card? Tricks 1 619 07-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Kewlz
  This is going to be a long weekend... Condoms 17 4,298 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sam
  How long have you been using forums? Eve 51 12,835 05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Jshak
  long or short hair on guys? Psychosis 31 6,369 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Psychosis