Poll: Should the filter be disabled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profanity filter.
Hello.

I don't know if this was instated purposely, but I don't really see a reason for it. No one here is below 13 years of age as far as I know, so I don't really thikn there's a reason for the word 'coc*k' to be censored to 'pencil', even if it is rather funny :b
Just because you're over 13 doesn't mean you have to swear
people should learn to express themselves with out using profanity

but it is kinda funny
I don't mind. I don't find it necessary to swear on a forum geared towards people helping others with problems.
I think it appears unattractive when the members of a support forum are swearing all the time.
I don't care about the censored words, it's all up to Omni.
Im sorry i cant help my self please disregard the following
also i do not think their should be a filter. it would be a waste because then people will just say crap like this

f4ck 0ff
su{k it
b1t[h
ect..
f u c k = fudge now, see i already bypassed it Smile
(10-08-2009, 07:21 PM)rated Wrote: Im sorry i cant help my self please disregard the following
also i do not think their should be a filter. it would be a waste because then people will just say crap like this

f4ck 0ff
su{k it
b1t[h
ect..
f u c k = fudge now, see i already bypassed it Smile

There are a lot of ways to bypass it, other than b1tch and f u c k.

But I wont post. Big Grin
@rated: Having a filter in place shows that excessive language is obviously not appreciated by the administrator(s) of the forum and gives no excuse for bad language in posts.
@Headshot: Few people know about bypassing many things with BBCode, it would probably be a good idea to keep it that way, no? Tongue
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
i don't think you should swear on this forum, because when you swear your usually mad and u type a bunch of bull BEEP
Part of the reason to use a censor is to that filter software won't rate your site into an adult category. So some of the more offensive expletives have been filtered.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-08-2009, 07:25 PM)Psycho Wrote: @rated: Having a filter in place shows that excessive language is obviously not appreciated by the administrator(s) of the forum and gives no excuse for bad language in posts.
@Headshot: Few people know about bypassing many things with BBCode, it would probably be a good idea to keep it that way, no? Tongue

Yup, removed. xD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the language filter removed? Elektrisk 18 2,824 02-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Tim