Poll: Whats the top shooter series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Call of duty
30.51%
18 30.51%
Gears of war
8.47%
5 8.47%
Halo
37.29%
22 37.29%
Bad company
5.08%
3 5.08%
Counter strike
10.17%
6 10.17%
Bioshock
1.69%
1 1.69%
other
6.78%
4 6.78%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Shooter series (Poll)
Why do you have "Bad Company" as an option? Why not Battlefield as a whole? In my opinion, the Bad Company games are the worst out of the entire Battlefield selection. I'm not saying they're bad, I love them. But if I were to pick a game to represent the Battlefield series, it most certainly would not be one of the Bad Company games.

I vote "Other" for Battlefield. With its massive maps and player counts, and vehicle warfare, it's one of the most tactical games I've ever played (while still being extremely fun). I have a lot of epic memories about Battlefield 2. There are so many unique things that can happen in that game, that it'll leave the most epic moments you've had burned in your mind forever.

For example, one day I was flying a helicopter full of my squadmates and we landed near a seemingly unoccupied enemy control point to take it over. As everyone scrambled out of the heli, I took a second look around. Something didn't seem right about the point being empty. As we finally gained control, I looked back at the helicopter. It was around 10 feet in the air and rising; the enemy had stolen our chopper. A wave of fear overcame my squadmates as the sound of the heli machine-guns whirring began. I prepared for this however, and whipped out a small remote. With a grin on my face, I flipped the switch and triggered the multiple packs of C4 I had planted underneath the helicopter.

I will never relive that moment in any other video game, because no other video game offers this kind of experience. This is why I vote for the Battlefield series.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(07-03-2010, 10:38 AM)Buffy Wrote: Due to angsty teens, Counter Strike, a game that holds an intense possibility to be modded to the whims of the gamer/modder, will be over-looked while series that have catered to the lowest of gaming forms and entertainment rule the market due to run 'n gun atmospheres that satisfy a primal child-like need to "UB3R PWN".

I voted for Counter Strike.

What's wrong with the run 'n gun atmosphere?
It's the thing that makes a shooter intense, it's what brings most of the action and most of the nice kills.
A shooter bores me if you can't run 'n gun.
[Image: lolol.png]

Now you're in denial
Thought you were the only one until you found my number on the speed dial
call of duty is an obvious winner
I'm going to vote Halo since it's had a much more competitive approach to it. Call of Duty has had more releases and probably a more consistent approach to the game series. It's really all about personal preference. I never really played Counter Strike and I don't really like Gears of War. Bioshock is a great game, but it's no where near compared to the attention Call of Duty and Halo have had. Under other, I would go with the 007 series, but again, it doesn't really compare to Call of Duty and Halo, although it's been around much longer.
[Image: 28svqbl.png]
Bad company by far, They have the biggest online multiplayer maps and so many pin point accurate weapons when it comes to realism.
(07-03-2010, 12:42 PM)Roro Wrote: What's wrong with the run 'n gun atmosphere?
It's the thing that makes a shooter intense, it's what brings most of the action and most of the nice kills.
A shooter bores me if you can't run 'n gun.

A run 'n gun atmosphere works perfectly for a child, but when analyzed, modern "war" and combat simulations mirror none of their claims: i.e., Modern Warfare 2, by no stretch of the imagination, resembles Modern combat or Modern Warfare, this claim is a sham. And, I know what you'll say: It's a game. Well, the title alone makes an two unjustified claims that cross the line between video game and imitated pseudo-reality. Sadly, while the franchise only panders to the run 'n gunners, the element of reality finds itself thrown to the wayside.
I prefer halo personally.
The Halo series added a new gameplay to First person shooters. I feel as tho COD is the same old same old.
I'm going to side with the Halo series. Just for the sheer fact that I'm very competitive when it comes to Halo 3. I've enjoyed all of Bungie's video games, including Marathon.

Don't get me wrong, the Call of Duty and the Gears of War series are one of the best. But Halo is the shooter I enjoy the most.
combat arms is my fav
other gets my vote
~RIP Austin Blankenship/QNA~
Missed but never forgotten

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite game series of all time [M] 25 3,461 03-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Twidler
  Top Shooter games (Poll) chasejjj 11 1,017 08-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Made a new video for my series Oliver 6 955 08-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Paramore