Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When is the last time you...
A few days ago I saw an elderly woman who had dropped a bunch of books and I was amazed how many people would just walk around her and not ask if she needed help, so I approached her (I was nervous that she would be offended) and asked if she needed some help.

She had no objections so I helped her gather her things and talked about people in general and wondered what goes through the minds of the people who do not help someone who needs it.

She said thank you and we went our separate way.

When was the last time did something good for someone without expecting anything in return?
I do, but I don't talk about it online.
(06-09-2010, 04:15 AM)Eve Wrote: I do, but I don't talk about it online.

Didn't mean to change the topic on you like that Eve :p. I just figured I should change the mood to something a little more positive and I understand completely. I am an the emotional type so it is my comfort zone to talk about some things others may not feel comfortable talking about. I had an epiphany XD. So now it is a happy thread.
Yesterday a lorry was driving past on a high street and dropped loads of cardboard out of the back of it. It must of been at least 20 boxes all folded up about different sizes.

Everyone kept walking and cars hard to swerve on the pavement and other side of the road to avoid it.

I stopped went into the raid picked up all the cardboard made sure the cars could pass and put all the cardboard in a nearby recycling bin.

That was my good thing of the day.
Making around 10 tbp accounts and giving out demonoid invites yesterday.
(06-09-2010, 05:11 AM)Sam Wrote: Yesterday a lorry was driving past on a high street and dropped loads of cardboard out of the back of it. It must of been at least 20 boxes all folded up about different sizes.

Everyone kept walking and cars hard to swerve on the pavement and other side of the road to avoid it.

I stopped went into the raid picked up all the cardboard made sure the cars could pass and put all the cardboard in a nearby recycling bin.

That was my good thing of the day.
What a good Samaritan! It was obvious that you would get nothing in return, yet you still took the necessary time to do a good deed selflessly. Kudos to you my friend.

(06-09-2010, 08:29 AM)0wnall Wrote: Making around 10 tbp accounts and giving out demonoid invites yesterday.
Why do you need so much XD? That is nice of you for giving away invites I know that the site is closed for registration nearly all the time. So you must have made someones day.
Thanks for your kind words TheOverAnalyzer_808 I couldn't just leave them could I Tongue
(06-09-2010, 02:53 PM)Sam Wrote: Thanks for your kind words TheOverAnalyzer_808 I couldn't just leave them could I Tongue
You deserve it ;). You couldn't leave them, but is it not appalling how many people could? Just a thought.
Yes, lots of people just walked past I heard one woman say "Oh that's bad, driver is stupid not strapping them down"
It always makes me sick when people are fully capable of helping yet they don't.

My man saw a flipped jeep with a lady pinned inside and did not hesitate to help. Three others were helping to flip the car and get the lady out (she was pinned down by the roof). Our local newspaper released an article from the family thanking all who helped, but unfortunately she did not make it.