Poll: Do you use the contraction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.00%
7 35.00%
No
65.00%
13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who all uses this contraction?
I use it, lol.

I am from Florida, in a big hick town.
I use it lol. I can't really find a good substitute other than to rephrase my entire sentence.
I use yall no '... It's more of a coutry thing. I use it every once in awhile and like the one kid said 'when texting' I use it when texting also just for the fact it's alot faster and I hate texting haha.
I don't think that I have ever used it in my life =].
I use it. It's very convenient to have a second person plural pronoun. It also flows well with other abbreviations, such as "d'y'all" (do y'all), "y'all've" (y'all have), "y'all'll" (y'all will), and so on. On occasion, I might say "you guys", but mainly when talking with foreigners who might not know what "y'all" means. I also refrain from using it when writing formal prose such as letters to companies, because it's technically improper. "you all" should be "all of you" Smile
Ya'll is for people from the South. xD
(06-13-2010, 07:17 PM)Đενɨаηсε™ Wrote: Ya'll is for people from the South. xD

It's y'all >.>
I too am from Australia, So i don't use it.. I hear it rarely though but yes i do not use it.
(06-13-2010, 07:22 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: It's y'all >.>
Please, that's kind of annoying... it's y'all not ya'll :@... how do y'all make a proper contraction from ya'll? Confused
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I think it sounds retarded so I don't use it.
[Image: lolol.png]

Now you're in denial
Thought you were the only one until you found my number on the speed dial