Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is snow leapord worth it?
I dont see a reason why to get it. 10.5 is fine for me
The only reason you would upgrade is because Snow Leopard is running faster. I got it the day of release, and noticed the difference. 10.5 E.g. You have it in sleep mode, and open up your laptop. You wait 5-10 seconds then you can finally enter your password to login, or you finally get your desktop. 10.6 E.g. You have it in sleep mode, and open up your laptop. You wait 0-1 second and you get your usual login screen or desktop.
(10-08-2009, 04:17 PM)Vorfin Wrote: Anything that only costs $30 is worth trying, I mean it's not like Windows were it is $200+

That's because Windows 7 is a whole new OS. Snow Leopard is just adding stuff.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
(10-10-2009, 03:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: That's because Windows 7 is a whole new OS. Snow Leopard is just adding stuff.

No they want you to think its a whole NEW OS but quite frankly it will have all the bugs of vista with a new UI. Its like using a carpet to cover a hole in the floor.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
Quote:No they want you to think its a whole NEW OS but quite frankly it will have all the bugs of vista with a new UI. Its like using a carpet to cover a hole in the floor.

Okay, so, I'm aware that you're a mac fanboy due to the "Why are MACs so expensive?" thread, but honestly, trolling topics just to spread rumors about Windows OS's achieves nothing. Windows 7 is, as far as I'm concerned, flawless. It has an extremely enchanting UI, great speed, and is very customisable. Yes, Vista had a lot of bugs, but not to the point where it was not usable. Thankfully, I haven't seen any bugs in Windows 7. I doubt you have even USED Windows 7 yet. And yes, it IS a new OS, despite what you think. Unless you have access to the source code, you cannot say that it's the same OS.
(10-10-2009, 03:59 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Okay, so, I'm aware that you're a mac fanboy due to the "Why are MACs so expensive?" thread, but honestly, trolling topics just to spread rumors about Windows OS's achieves nothing. Windows 7 is, as far as I'm concerned, flawless. It has an extremely enchanting UI, great speed, and is very customisable. Yes, Vista had a lot of bugs, but not to the point where it was not usable. Thankfully, I haven't seen any bugs in Windows 7. I doubt you have even USED Windows 7 yet. And yes, it IS a new OS, despite what you think. Unless you have access to the source code, you cannot say that it's the same OS.

Why So Serious.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
Snow leopard is just adding stuff
Windows 7 is just fixing stuff, i mean you got to fix all the bugs before you can add stuff that's why it took Microsoft 3 years and they still are not done

However it is all just opinion in the end that's what it comes down to.
Yes, because a new and improved firewall, completely new UI, and updates in all the default programs makes it an update of Vista.

On topic, it sounds like it's worth getting snow leopard.
(10-10-2009, 03:55 PM)Code King Wrote: No they want you to think its a whole NEW OS but quite frankly it will have all the bugs of vista with a new UI. Its like using a carpet to cover a hole in the floor.

Are you retarded? I have used the beta and not one error came up. I never had an error with vista either. Stop being a fanboy.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Just putting it up in the air.

I am not a fanboy.

Just pointing out that Microsoft hasn't come out with anything really special.

Like no programs to go with besides office.

Not saying that Windows is bad.

If it was it wouldn't be the most popular OS in the world.

I need a Mac because i program iPhone apps and it is needed.

So sorry if i sounded like a FanBoy but I am not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Apple's computers worth it Gοd 51 16,703 03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Candyshop
  [Snow Leopard] Rename a file? ßeowulf 2 2,182 02-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Last Post: manipulate
  Snow-Leopard 'Guest Account' Fix. manipulate 0 629 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Last Post: manipulate
  Big Snow Leopard bug D3N 7 1,632 10-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Socrates
  Is the ipod touch worth it? RPicard 38 8,204 10-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Last Post: RPicard