Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDGfx - Art in High Definition.
Site Name: HDGfx - Art in High Definition.
Site URL: http://hdgfx.com/forums

Reasons for creating a new graphics forum:
  • Had this domain for a few years.
  • I get a lot more traffic on this domain, as it was parked before.
  • HDGfx sounds better than Crimson Styles.

I know some of you may think I am pathetic, and I don't mind, because I think I am an idiot for closing one graphics site, opening another. But I wan't this to grow, and I guess I couldn't do that with Crimson.

What is HDGfx?

HDGfx is a newly formed graphics community. We offer a wide variety of renders, stocks, tutorials, and many more resources. We are rather new, but growing fast, and we want to grow as a family.

So register now and join our fast growing family! Smile

(P.S. This is better than Crimson).
Theme is a no no. You're making the same mistake Jay made with gfxforums.net
I advise you to take a look at the planet renders forum, fringefx.net and some other gfx sites, you should have some highly manipulated image in the bg, and some dark theme...
I can explain this in detail if you wish to hear me out. PM me.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
You are experimenting. Don't think it is silly to change domains, it is part of the learning experience. This name is more memorable than Crimson.

My thoughts:

- Keep the name as HDGFX consistent through the site. HDGfx doesn't look as good.
- I like the colours, although I think some board icons will add colour to the site and individuality to each board. SupportForums is colourful enough without them, however notice how board icons on HackForums complement the dark background of the site.
- You can learn a lot about creating a young GFX community by studying how Jay is creating his. I am not encouraging you to copy his style, but to understand how to use competitions and awards to generate interest.

Thanks for sharing your forum here. Smile
(05-17-2010, 11:56 PM)Eve Wrote: - You can learn a lot about creating a young GFX community by studying how Jay is creating his.

No. That will be stupid. Jay is going NOWHERE with that website. The only input he gets is from people he has dragged over from HF. He is making BIG mistakes there, and will regret in the future I assure you.

I advise you to look at some good famous sites for inspiration.
www.fringefx.net is a good example. They are doing very well.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
SkullTrail. Heres some reasons FringeFX is going well:

They've been running for many years.
They run on IP.Board.
They have a render gallery FULL of renders.
They advertise in much more places.

Skulltrail, they have been running for years like I said. A good site doesn't happen over night.

Thanks anyhow, Eve. I'm working on a dark theme tonight.
How is Jay's website going to fail?
On-topic chat, please?
My bad,
Although i agree with making it all HDGFX looks better
i do not like the colors though Tongue
Rozzy, conflicting advice is normal. Example: feedback given on HackForums in 2007:
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476129

Light/dark theme, colors, logo.. the real attraction was quality content and members.

(From comparison with older threads, quality of content and members has changed.)
I'm working on a new theme right now. Should be finished tonight - I might release it as a premium theme. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphics Chan - Graphics|Art|Anime|Manga Discussion Forum! Xypher 0 1,364 01-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Xypher
  DexterousPro.com - Art Community SYST3M4T1C 2 684 01-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Last Post: SYST3M4T1C