Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice to stop your site getting hacked.
Step 1

GET SOME BASIC HACKING AND WEB DEVELOPING KNOWLEDGE! This is where most developers fail. If you have information on how hackers comprimise sites, you can be one step ahead.

Step 2

Use an IP tracker and get a program to upload IP logs to your server. If your site gets comprimised and they delete your logs, have a backup somewhere. I set my site to upload all my logs to 110MB.

Step 3

Search various cracking/hacking sites (Here, Milw0rm, Metasploit, etc) for known exploits in pieces of software you might use. (Like the shoutpro shoutbox.) I use serendipity for my sites as that is fairly hackproof and comes with shoutboxes, etc that has not many known exploits.

Step 4

DO NOT PROGRAM IN .ASP! .asp is a known method of entering a sites admin via simple SQL injection. I use PHP as this is a new language and is used by more GOOD developers. As good as .ASP is, it does suck at the security aspect.

Step 5

If you do get hacked and the defacers leave their email, DO NOT TRY TO REASON WITH THEM! You will get fudged in the ass by the hackers most probably. One last final tip, don't put any material on your site that might offend anyone easily.

HTH,
-Joe

P.S. This took about five minutes and was just a quicky to help people. So, its not the best ever. It origininated from my thread in HF.
Also, Check for exploits that could affect your site regularly.
Exploit Search Engine
To add to that, run penetration tests using something like Acuentix once in a while.
Thanks.
Thanks alot. This is quite helpful
[Image: 9lcsqd.jpg]
Thanks for your advise!
Quite good!
I´ll maybe post some security checking tools here!
Sure.
Thanks good information. Smile
Hi Blader boy.
This is James. I like the information you provided on the forum. I am thankful of you for such a nice help. I want to ask that is it effective what you have written in that. I am using windows xp in the system and spares most of the time on the Internet.
Thanks and share other ideas here.
I have defaced a couple sites, and your step 4 is flawed. Even if you code in PHP you will always be vulnerable to a c99 shell or any shell for that matter. True it will stop many of the more skid like "hackers" but i know someone who can hack damn near everything he has tried.

Everything is vulnerable, it's just a matter of finding it.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hacked email EagerToLearn 6 1,426 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Existence
  My Gmail was hacked !! virus_in_town 18 3,951 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Last Post: SlimDeath
  Backup your hacked msn geeK 1 796 12-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Combo
  How to prevent from getting your Msn hacked Acekidd01 11 4,176 10-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Acekidd01
  Reduce your chances of getting a virus or being hacked. mon3yexploit 33 10,925 10-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Last Post: MyNameIs940