Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu 10.04: Unrecoverable error
Just as I suspected. An error has come up during my process of installing Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop. This error message comes up every time I boot up Ubuntu:

"The installer encountered an unrecoverable error," then forces me to restart. It doesn't even tell me what the error is.

Anybody else having this problem?
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
I still haven't burnt it to cd, I'm slack.
How did you install it? was it installed inside windows?
32bit or 64bit? maybe try burning it again at a slower speed, it could be that when you burnt it something went wrong?
I take it that you downloaded it, they don't deliver them that fast in the mail.

Through Wubi inside Windows 7. 32bit. I didn't burn it, but I am now. I'll make a cd and install it that way.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Problem solved.

Desktop installer sometimes crashes on startup

"On some machines, the CD boot fails with the message "The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again." If you encounter this error, restart your computer with the CD inserted, press any key at the splash screen (when you see the keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen), and select "Try Ubuntu without installing". Once the desktop appears, use the "Install Ubuntu 10.04" icon to begin installing Ubuntu."

Credits: www.Ubuntu.com
Tbh; get rid of Windows 7 and just install it via CD fresh install. That should cure it.

Ah, oops. A minute late.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(04-30-2010, 02:11 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: Tbh; get rid of Windows 7 and just install it via CD fresh install. That should cure it.

Ah, oops. A minute late.

I'm not sure about what you're implying is the problem, trilobyte-. I don't think Windows had anything to do with it, though. After some research, I found that Ubuntu's support page had a section on what to do if the installer was crashing and what to do to fix it.

I really like Windows 7, which is why I didn't just wipe and do a fresh Ubuntu install. Dual booting is the way to go!
(04-30-2010, 12:30 PM)Heli0s Wrote: I'm not sure about what you're implying is the problem, trilobyte-. I don't think Windows had anything to do with it, though. After some research, I found that Ubuntu's support page had a section on what to do if the installer was crashing and what to do to fix it.

I really like Windows 7, which is why I didn't just wipe and do a fresh Ubuntu install. Dual booting is the way to go!

Removing Windows 7 was my personal opinion / advice; doing a CD fresh install was my cure theory. Tongue
At the top will be the same place you hang from.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,066 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,680 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Common install error in Ubuntu 10.04 Heli0s 4 7,066 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,203 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha
  busy box error ubuntu jinwald12 0 2,271 12-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jinwald12