Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do domain sites get their domains?
So this is what I want to know... If these domain registering companies are making money off of us how do they register them themselves?
They register their domain through themselves once they become an accredited ICANN register.
Lin, you gonna become a registrar? ;p
zzzzzzz
(04-29-2010, 04:10 PM)daneasaur Wrote: Lin, you gonna become a registrar? ;p

Naw,
I just wasn't aware of how they did it. Also I wanted to figure out how to get a free domain ya dig?
Getting free domains can sometimes be done on on those survey sites, but it takes time.
Otherwise, there are un-ethical, or non-legit ways to get free ones, but they are only 10 bucks, so I would just buy it.
Do you mean major resellers like BuyDomains? They have acquired domains for many years and still buy them. Don't believe they pay reg fee for everything. Sometimes they pay $xx,xxx for a domain they want too.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(04-29-2010, 08:51 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Do you mean major resellers like BuyDomains? They have acquired domains for many years and still buy them. Don't believe they pay reg fee for everything. Sometimes they pay $xx,xxx for a domain they want too.

No i mean like,
http://1and1.com
or
http://godaddy.com
They are registrars. They are accredited by ICAAN to sell domains.

Godaddy make a connect to the Registry (Verisign for .com) and tells them to register the domain with the whois data and DNS.

Verisign is a Registry
Godaddy is a Registrar
Domain Owner is the Registrant
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thanks, this helped alot

I was also wondering how they got them
Very interesting, I was just wondering the same thing.