Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review my computing forum.
I know it's not Afresh. I was saying that if you get a new theme, don't use afresh.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
I don't really like the theme. Also, when I'm not scrolling over the banner, theres a red box around it... my browser, or?

Anyhow. Get a nice professional looking theme. ;)
The one at dotrb.net is good.
I see the red box too Rozzy. I don't like that either.
I noticed a striking resemblance between your forum descriptions and HF's forum descriptions. Compare:

HF: Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista and Windows 7
Yours: Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista and Windows 7

HF description: As the most popular OS around it's only appropriate we dedicate a forum to Microsoft Windows. Topics here should include help, tweaks, and troubleshooting.

Your description: Discuss the most popular Operating System around. For help, tweaks and troubleshooting, this is the thread for you.

HF: White Hat Help
Yours: White Hat Help

HF desc: Wanna stop the Black Hats and Crackers? Do you need help with an infection? Has your site been compromised? This is your section.

Your desc: Do you think you've been infected? Has your website been hacked? If so then this is your section.

and so on.
(04-27-2010, 09:33 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I noticed a striking resemblance between your forum descriptions and HF's forum descriptions.

Hmm. I see what you mean.
@Elektrisk

For a few of the sections that I got stuck on thinking up descriptions, I had to use HF descriptions for inspiration.. As you can see though, I re-worded the descriptions that I did use. Also, It's not like I had to look to HF for every description.. You will see that only a few strike resemblances to HF. They are fairly basic descriptions anyway..

As for the titles... What else could you call a White Hat Help section?

Also
@Rozzy

I said this before, the red border around the logo is a mistake I made while messing around with the css. It will be fixed before I fix the registration.
I seriously think you need to consider another theme though. MyBB-Gamer is a great theme if you want a suggestion.
I will be deciding a permanent theme once registration is open which will be when I sort out the internet on my laptop.

Also, I wont be using MyBB-Gamer as I would prefer the theme to be light rather than dark.

I'll probably have a look through some MyBBcentral themes tonight.
I don't know if it's just me or something. But I feel like some of the CSS is off.
Lock requested by OP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  {New} ByteForum {Hacking} {Computing} {Coding} OpenSSL 0 566 06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 521 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  New forum I just made - Swimmingforums.net competitive swimming forum Carbon Host 3 864 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  Review my Education forum. Clones 7 1,499 02-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Clones
  Forum Source | The ultimate forum owner and addict community Amazing 129 37,903 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Hex