Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few ways to relieve stress.
Well, I'll come out and say I'm not a doctor, psychiatrist, anything of the sort, but I do my best to help people with situations.

Here are some of my suggestions to help conquer stress Smile

1. Listen to music.
1a. Oftentimes listening to music you like can help calm your mind, because you are only concentrated on the song(s). Singing along can add to the help, it gets your mind totally off of whatever may be bothering you, and takes you away to your own place of comfort.
1b. Try to steer away from depressing music, fun music is always a nice thing to listen to...even if the lyrics are depressing, try listening to something that at least sounds up-beat Tongue

2. Exercising.
1a. Yes, exercising. Even though many of us hate to do it, it's a huge reliever of stress, because you're focused primarily on getting something done. It releases a lot of energy, and you can always throw some punches to make yourself feel better, without hurting anyone.
1b. Working out for 30 minutes a day not only cuts down your stress level, but you'll be healthier and slimmer in no time!

3. Crying.
1a. Of course we all dread crying, especially in public. Hold off on it until you're alone. I have to admit, I first heard this in a joke by Dane Cook, but to my surprise, it's so true, and very effective. Crying does help you get over everything that is bothering you. By emptying your mind of the sadness via crying, what's left? Happiness or at least the anger or pity is gone ;).

4. Sleeping.
1a. Sleeping off your problems can be a good way to go about the situation if nothing else works. Often, sleeping relaxes not only the body, but the mind. You get a refreshed start on your day after a nice nap or rest. You can usually forget issues by sleeping, which is a good thing, because now you'll be not only fully rested, but mentally more steady.

Remember, I am not a doctor, therapist, etc. I am just another guy trying to help.

The most effective for me is music. If I'm having problems, I'll just turn on some of my favorite music and tune everything and everyone OUT, they're not allowed in MY zone. Smile
Sleeping is the best for me. I am not stressed out anymore after I sleep. Good list. Thanks.
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
I can't sleep while Im in stress. I end up listening to sad music and tottaly can't exercise Tongue
Crying is a good way tho.
I use meditation to get rid of stress. Best way for me.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Going to walk in the night, alone with a cigar, make's my mind clear to think..

It's just good to find a hobby that you enjoy. That will always distract you from things you'd rather not think about.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
I do all except Exercising. Most of the time, I sleep or listen to songs.
Exercise is the best one, imo.

Masturbation is also great.

Sleep helps a lot, too, though, since by the time you wake up, whatever was stressing you will probably be either gone or off of your mind.
(04-26-2010, 05:15 AM)Pepsi Wrote: Well, I'll come out and say I'm not a doctor, psychiatrist, anything of the sort, but I do my best to help people with situations.

Here are some of my suggestions to help conquer stress Smile

1. Listen to music.
1a. Oftentimes listening to music you like can help calm your mind, because you are only concentrated on the song(s). Singing along can add to the help, it gets your mind totally off of whatever may be bothering you, and takes you away to your own place of comfort.
1b. Try to steer away from depressing music, fun music is always a nice thing to listen to...even if the lyrics are depressing, try listening to something that at least sounds up-beat Tongue

2. Exercising.
1a. Yes, exercising. Even though many of us hate to do it, it's a huge reliever of stress, because you're focused primarily on getting something done. It releases a lot of energy, and you can always throw some punches to make yourself feel better, without hurting anyone.
1b. Working out for 30 minutes a day not only cuts down your stress level, but you'll be healthier and slimmer in no time!

3. Crying.
1a. Of course we all dread crying, especially in public. Hold off on it until you're alone. I have to admit, I first heard this in a joke by Dane Cook, but to my surprise, it's so true, and very effective. Crying does help you get over everything that is bothering you. By emptying your mind of the sadness via crying, what's left? Happiness or at least the anger or pity is gone ;).

4. Sleeping.
1a. Sleeping off your problems can be a good way to go about the situation if nothing else works. Often, sleeping relaxes not only the body, but the mind. You get a refreshed start on your day after a nice nap or rest. You can usually forget issues by sleeping, which is a good thing, because now you'll be not only fully rested, but mentally more steady.

Remember, I am not a doctor, therapist, etc. I am just another guy trying to help.

The most effective for me is music. If I'm having problems, I'll just turn on some of my favorite music and tune everything and everyone OUT, they're not allowed in MY zone. Smile

Really great! Now I know what to do when im stressed.
This is very helpful, thank you for sharing this. I'm going to try some of these suggestions out.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
Thanks for this, This may be helpful for me sometimes...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  coping with stress EagerToLearn 4 956 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Ariesgurl78
  10 Ways To Give Emotional Support To Your Partner BreShiE 15 3,432 01-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Releasing built up stress's. slink 7 1,268 11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Last Post: kebralt
  Stress Deltron 17 1,768 01-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Zyptic
  Depressed from stress Plan B 16 2,252 07-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Solidify