Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone advice.
Hello.
I have AT&T. I'm 15, and am a member on a family plan.
I have the option to upgrade on May 15th.
I'm looking to get a smartphone, but have no idea where to start.
I don't want something über expensive like a Nexus One.
I merely need something so I can check my e-mail, do light browsing, and possibly IMing.

One thing I'm uncertain of is, do I HAVE to pay for the 3G network, or can I simply use the EDGE network? If I can use the EDGE network without having to pay for the 3G, how much does the EDGE network cost per month? Is there a fixed rate?

Will there always be extra fees for data plans and so on? If so, I think I'll just stick to a regular slider phone or something without dealing with the extra costs.

I'm rather ignorant about cell phones. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, I'm suggesting you Nokia N95 or N97 They are excellent, One of my Friends have a Nokia N95, He says it is awsome Big Grin
[Image: ShuTdown.png]
I would suggest the Nokia N97 or N900. Only problem is they are quite expensive. My friend has the N97, he loves it.

I need a new signature!
(04-23-2010, 09:08 AM)iFX Wrote: I would suggest the Nokia N97 or N900. Only problem is they are quite expensive. My friend has the N97, he loves it.

As far as I know, The Nokia N97/N900 aren't available through AT&T. Well, they are unlocked phones, but I need an AT&T phone. If I get an AT&T phone, it'll be WAY cheaper for me, and I'll be able to get it even cheaper via the 'Upgrade' feature that AT&T has.
Iphone 3G S,it's nice,cool and not too expensive even.
(04-23-2010, 09:14 AM).:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:. Wrote: Iphone 3G S,it's nice,cool and not too expensive even.

The iPhone is out of the question. It's $300 or so, and the $30 per month for the 3G network is too expensive for my blood. I'm starting think I'm going to just have to do without features like Internet/e-mail and such and just get a regular phone Sad
Hey dude iPhone 3G s is for 199$ only!
(04-23-2010, 09:22 AM).:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:. Wrote: Hey dude iPhone 3G s is for 199$ only!

I'm 15.. my parents are not technologically inclined, so they are not going to understand paying $199 for a phone =P I'm getting a 360/Halo 3 for my birthday. I don't think it'd be right to ask them to pay that much under any circumstance.
Yeah, an iPhone would be cool, but i'd rather not pay $30 a month.
I'd stick with a regular slider or upgrade to something more of your interests.
Goodluck!
If LG KU990 is in AT&T, then you should go for it. Its definitely a phone worth buying. It is an camera phone with 5 megapixels, very nice design and a smooth touchpad screen. A friend of mine have it and i recomment it. Do a google search on it and get all information you need about it.