Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Omni] IP Banned me from HF?
Hey there Big Grin,
When i got home today i tried going on HF only to no avail. It said unable to establish connection, so i figured HF must be down for server maintenance or something. A couple hours later i try logging on,but still nothing. So then i got suspicious. I checked my host files, and saw nothing out of the ordinary. So then i went here and it said HF was up and running. Then i ttriedu using a proxy and it worked Big Grin. I was wondering if I got IP banned due to connecting during a DDOs Attack or something? Any help would be great
Hello, Shady™.

Try some of these ways on how to get unfirewalled. Also, here is a good proxy filterbay.com

Hackforums.net employs a variety of technology to prevent D/DOS attacks. Some of them may prevent a regular user from viewing the site. Below we will try to answer as many questions about this as possible. Please read them thoroughly before contacting staff.

How does the server firewall work?
One of the best defenses any site has it's server level firewall. Currently we have it set for a certain amount of connections will add you to the block list automatically thus effectively cutting you off to the server itself. You can trigger this firewall in a number of ways. One is by opening too many tabs in your browser. The other is by refreshing a page too often. To prevent being firewalled you'll need to change your habits when using HF. Another option is to change the settings of your browser.

Firefox:
In the address bar, type: about:config
In the filter type: connect
Alter the "network.http.max-connections-per-server" to 10

Opera:
In the address bar, type: about:config
In the quick search type: connect
Alter "Max Connections Server" to 10

If problems still occur lower the number again to 8. Neither setting should really give you a noticable slowdown to the web. Most servers automatically throttle you anyways but HF will go one step further and firewall you.

How do I get unblocked?
If by chance you get blocked you should connect from a proxy and use the contact form. Select "Firewalled" and enter your regular IP along with your username. It will be reviewed within 24 hours. The firewall is flushed periodically.

I heard HF blocks entire countries. Is that true?
Yes this is true. Hackforums.net has many countries blocked. The list is extensive. The countries on the list have been part of bad attacks toward HF or are in general are a nuisance. Some countries are on the list for being rogue nations with little respect for the law. Some are known spam havens. We don't add countries for political or racist agenda. It's simply to protect the server, site, and members. Do not ask for countries to be removed. The block list is currently not published.

Can you whitelist me?
We do not whitelist individual IPs under any circumstance.

Check Your Hosts File
Recently a crypter was released by another hacker forum that went in and changed your hosts file of Windows to prevent you from accessing HF. Effectively this will point your computer to nowhere when you want to visit our site. We deem this practice as unethical but we do not have the power to stop it. You can check if your hosts file was altered by opening up in your browser this file:
file://localhost/c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
If indeed you see entries for hackforums.net please edit the file and restart your browser.

(04-20-2010, 06:38 PM)Shady™ Wrote: Hey there Big Grin,
When i got home today i tried going on HF only to no avail. It said unable to establish connection, so i figured HF must be down for server maintenance or something. A couple hours later i try logging on,but still nothing. So then i got suspicious. I checked my host files, and saw nothing out of the ordinary. So then i went here and it said HF was up and running. Then i ttriedu using a proxy and it worked Big Grin. I was wondering if I got IP banned due to connecting during a DDOs Attack or something? Any help would be great

If you tried using a proxy and it worked then why are you asking here?

DO NOT COME TO SF WITH YOUR HF PROBLEMS!!!! God, he should add this to the rules list or something. Haven't you been on HF long enough to know how to use the contact form?
(04-21-2010, 01:22 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: DO NOT COME TO SF WITH YOUR HF PROBLEMS!!!! God, he should add this to the rules list or something. Haven't you been on HF long enough to know how to use the contact form?

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Please make a PM about it or use the contact forum on HF itself.
(04-21-2010, 03:10 AM).:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:. Wrote: Please make a PM about it or use the contact forum on HF itself.

I also doubt he wants to be PM'd about it. HF has a contact for mfor a reason.
You could just be firewalled cuz it happens to me all the time maybe someone ddosed u
[Image: ibwj3Y.png]
Fire Flame..Fire..Fa..Fire Flame Stunna...100Million Dolla
Support Forums is not the place to discuss Hack Forums. In future please keep all discussion of Hack Forums out of Support Forums.

Thread closed.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]