Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone 4G revealed
(04-25-2010, 04:16 AM)daneasaur Wrote: Does anyone know what 2.5G, 3G, and 4G even mean :S I sure don't

G stands for 'generation'. Different models, I believe.
The phone is ugly, but I'll buy it Tongue
(04-25-2010, 04:20 AM)SehCure Wrote: The hardware will most likely stay the same, but the case will most likely definately change now.

"Most likely definitely"?
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
The new iPhone looks great!
Thanks for the share too.
Need help with graphics or Photoshop? Feel free to PM.
[Image: 746c52b5.png]
MSN: Kriminal@Lumbridge.net
(04-25-2010, 09:10 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: G stands for 'generation'. Different models, I believe.
I don't think this is correct. While it may be, i believe the "G" stands for a type of service coverage you get. I may be wrong though.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Well, when it comes to iPhones, it gets pretty confusing. iPods are known as 2G, 3G, and 4G because of their generation in the time line, just as Elektrisk said. For example, the first iPods were the 1G (first generation, but we simply call them "iPods") and the current ones are the 6G (6th generation, or iPod 6G). When it comes to iPhones, the "G" still refers to "generation" but not the generation of the phone, rather the generation of it's telecommunications standards. Currently, or at least for most networks, the main telecommunication standard is 3G. I believe sprint runs 4G, but AT&T will be crossing over very soon.

If you really wanted to get technical with it, the most current iPhone generation is the 3G, but we call it 3GS because if it utilizes 3rd generation telecommunication standards. If you just try to wrap your head around it, I promise it will make sense.

I hope I didn't confuse most of you.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]