Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People should need to have a license to use the Internet.
Honestly. One of my for sale threads on another forum was completely trashed because this one person was too dumb to know how CPAlead's PayPal download gateway worked. I was accused of hosting a "drive-by". Surely the thread's now ruined.

If there were a theoretical "internet license" (like you need to drive a car), there'd probably be less spam, skiddies, viruses, etc.

One can dream.
Yes, but think of it this way.. you can't really injure someone by using a computer without knowledge. However, a person who can't drive will undoubtedly end up hurting others if they try to drive. Ignorant people being on the Internet gives them a chance to learn (hopefully). However, it'd be nice if people were required to take a class before using it. I hate seeing people fall for scams they get in their e-mails, being phished, and so on all because they lack the knowledge to protect themselves. But, it's their responsibility to do their homework before browsing the 'net, which is dangerous in many ways; identity theft and financial fraud being the largest concerns. It's like going to a foreign country without reading up on the weather, crime rate, and so on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Kaspersky Int. Sec. 2011 License: +1 License Days Usage per day? ROFL. Resistance 0 480 10-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  How much is a vBulletin 3.x license? RyanScarp 4 834 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Derrick