Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.EXE link to .ZIP convertion..
Not so sure where to post this, and not so sure what subject to put.. So Mod's please move and bear with me if I am wrong... Well, one of my friend asked me this, and I din't have an answer for him. So I post this here.

At work, his firewall restricts him from downloading .exe files. He can download any other formats like .zip. So is there any website that automatically converts a .exe link to a .zip link for download ? . I know it sounds silly... But seems to me to be a simple script.. Any ideas ?? ..
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]
I dont think it is possible to convert exe to zip even in a computer with no restrictions, the only way is to put a exe file inside a zip file and then downlaod it. It might be possible to pick open with winzip or or what ever is on his computer and then download it.
(04-19-2010, 05:32 AM)Ruv Wrote: I dont think it is possible to convert exe to zip even in a computer with no restrictions, the only way is to put a exe file inside a zip file and then downlaod it. It might be possible to pick open with winzip or or what ever is on his computer and then download it.

Lolz, yea, I do understand that an exe cannot be "converted" to zip.. Sorry if I was not clear in my question.. What I meant was if it was possible for the .exe to be zipped before downloading...

Concept is somewhat similar to gmails new feature... Try sending a 15 MB .psd file to someone on a gmail account.. When the other user downloads, the file is hardly 8 MB and it is downloaded as a .Zip file..

Just wondering if there is any site out there that has got the same concept implemented to download .exe files....

Thanks Smile
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]