Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is here for the "Feather" award...
(04-18-2010, 05:43 AM)Poppins™ Wrote: What you described will not get him the award. 100 Quality posts are needed. Omni stated that things like 'Cool story bro...' 100 times over will not get you the award. So in a way I agree with you. It does annoy me to see people join the forum post 3 word posts till 100 and then leave.
-Poppins
I see what you mean actually (sorry Mods for double posting.) I looked at his posts and there must be 10 saying 'Welcome to the forums.' Don't think he realises that the welcome mat does not increase post count.
-Poppins

.......and, you just got -Repped by him for stating that... Roflmao
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]
Yes. Loving the revenge reputation Big Grin.
-Poppins
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
(04-18-2010, 06:04 AM)Poppins™ Wrote: Yes. Loving the revenge reputation Big Grin.
-Poppins

Fixed them up for u Big Grin
I'm new here, but what's the "feather reward?"
If he's posting low quality then he will be denied the award. Just report the posts to staff and let them deal with it.
I don't know what point you're trying to prove but I don't think anybody really cares what purpose this guy's here for. Not trying to sound like a tool, I'm just being straight up, bro.

Nobody really cares, it's not that big of a deal. Kinda depreciates your image by pointing him out and making a whole thread on him. If anything, it looks like he's working hard for something he wants.

But again, I don't wanna sound like a jerk and get flamed or -rep'd. I'm just saying what I've heard most people say about these kinds of members, but we can't categorize him as one of them because we honestly don't know for sure.

But I agree that his low quality posts, if any, should be reported just like anybody else's and I'm sure his posts will be reviewed for quality before the award is given.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
(04-18-2010, 06:14 PM)Buffy Wrote: I'm new here, but what's the "feather reward?"

Supportforum's sister site, Hackforums, has a competition going on. Anyone who can make 100 quality posts here on SF will get an 'award' on HF. Awards are present on both SF and HF; they are given to members by administrators for doing something special. For example, on SF, the Sword of Spam award is given to members who help fight spam on the site. On HF, the 'feather' award is given to members for, as I said, making 100 quality posts on SF. So, many members have joined just to spam their way to 100 posts to get the award, which is what the OP is accusing him of doing.
(04-18-2010, 05:20 AM)Carb0n F1ber Wrote: Sorry bro, but no flaming intended, but I was kinda offended what he did on my thread.. Please visit it to know more. He replied twice without evening meaning what he said, nor did he even read through it. Also, he replied without even knowing that he already replied to that particular thread.

Go to his profile, and view all of his posts, and u'll understand what I mean..

In other words, he's just running havoc spamming all threads with, "welcome to the forums", "nice share thanks", "wow, was looking for this", "wow it works", "looks very nice", "awesome share" ......................... and on and on !! Was that the intention of the award ???
Edit: I think I must have just did a wrong usage of the word "havoc" up there.... well, w/e

Wait, who do you think you are?
You get offended just because someone post twice on your thread and then you go on making a thread about him? I want a thread on me then Smile
(04-19-2010, 12:09 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Supportforum's sister site, Hackforums, has a competition going on. Anyone who can make 100 quality posts here on SF will get an 'award' on HF. Awards are present on both SF and HF; they are given to members by administrators for doing something special. For example, on SF, the Sword of Spam award is given to members who help fight spam on the site. On HF, the 'feather' award is given to members for, as I said, making 100 quality posts on SF. So, many members have joined just to spam their way to 100 posts to get the award, which is what the OP is accusing him of doing.

And, he succeeded in getting the award.... And I got rejected Bebe-pleure Bebe-pleure
Im here only for the feather award.

I think this should be closed. Should have been closed from the original post. Usless topic.
That user doesn't releate to OP in anyway. Omni decides if he gets the award or not.
If he spams the board, he won't get it.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums Award Question? Machine 3 594 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Cubs
  I dont like the HF support feather award thespragg 25 3,381 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Grin
  How may I get me support feather? Saga 16 2,078 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Pompano
  Feather? -Infectious 5 596 08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sam
  100 Posts in one day .......WTF....Award for this Spammer ?!?!?! Š Λ☨∀И 23 3,664 04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Solidus