Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Xubuntu Experience
(04-14-2010, 08:09 PM)Tryhard. Wrote: You should try out LinuxMint, I've only tried Ubuntu, Xubuntu, and Mint. Overall, Mint has been my favorite.

I'll give it a try. I just don't want to be stuck with any command line crap.
Xubnutu is deffinetly looking better then the last time I used it; which was like with Xubuntu 7.10 or so.
I like the darker look on it; it works well.
I personally agree with Elektrisk though; I prefer KDE.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(04-14-2010, 08:44 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Xubnutu is deffinetly looking better then the last time I used it; which was like with Xubuntu 7.10 or so.
I like the darker look on it; it works well.
I personally agree with Elektrisk though; I prefer KDE.

I'm downloading the Linux Mint now. I personally am a newfag when it comes to all operating systems other then windows so if you'd like to help with things feel free to PM.
I have had so many problems with Mint. Seriously.. with Firefox, sometimes it opens up a random, TINY window, and you have to expand it then close it before you can continue browsing. I have no idea. It's strange. Then, I don't like the overall look and feel of it.
(04-15-2010, 04:52 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I have had so many problems with Mint. Seriously.. with Firefox, sometimes it opens up a random, TINY window, and you have to expand it then close it before you can continue browsing. I have no idea. It's strange. Then, I don't like the overall look and feel of it.

Hmmm okay thank you for the input on it
Ihate how linux can't run .exe's..you need .exe for everything. wine sucks.
(04-15-2010, 05:55 PM)iCry Wrote: Ihate how linux can't run .exe's..you need .exe for everything. wine sucks.

I've only found one program that i can't find an alternative too. What do you need?
(04-15-2010, 05:55 PM)iCry Wrote: Ihate how linux can't run .exe's..you need .exe for everything. wine sucks.

LOL. What do you need .exe's for?

Need Photoshop? Get GIMP.
Need iTunes? Get GTKpod.
Need WinAmp? Get RhythmBox.
Need TuneUpUtilities? No, because Ubuntu doesn't litter itself.
Need Microsoft Office Suite? Get OpenOffice.
Need mIRC? Get Xchat.
I really can't think of anything else you would need.

Ubuntu has EVERYTHING you could need. It even has UbuntuTweak, which is a GREAT program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any tips for a Newbie? [xUbuntu] Poppins 12 3,169 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Buffy
  Help getting internet on Xubuntu and Can a tiple boat be possible Kenji Harima 9 2,038 10-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Kenji Harima