Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some cavity hacked my VPS last night.
I woke up this morning to find my VPS completely hosed. All my domains go to cPanel's default page. Bebe-pleure

I won't bore you with the emotional breakdown I'm currently experiencing (note to self: onsite backups aren't good enough), but I want a freakin IP address. I'm pretty sure someone took advantage of SSH and did something (I offer web hosting via post-to-host), which log file am I looking for?

Thank you.

EDIT: Thank you, auto-censor system.

Lol, cavity.

EDIT: Maybe it wasn't hacked? What would cause cPanel to completely reset itself? I'm quite pissed right now and can't think straight.
View server logs asap. I'd actually make a complete backup of all logs and all existing files for local review. There should be login logs and I assume cpanel has logs too. I've never run a cpanel server so not sure what it does in the backend but normal linux runs logs for lots of stuff.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thank you, Omniscient. I think I've got an IP, but I can't figure out which commands were run from said IP, so weather they had malicious intentions has yet to be discovered. I'll keep digging.

Been a stressful week for me, this only adds to it. Omg
Sorry to hear about this. I would personally find it difficult to understand what is happening.

Post back on developments, it will help you to vent and clear your head as well. Good luck.
Hopefully they weren't to smart and didn't use a proxy!
Hope it works out for you, that would suck.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Cheap Shared and Reseller Hosting | From $2.95/Month | Day and Night Support PlotHost 2 694 02-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Crystal