Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for a Newbie? [xUbuntu]
Hi guys!

I installed xUbuntu on my PC around 3 days ago now. I have never in my life run Linux apart from the week that I used a live Linux distro on my mums laptop but put windows back on. I couldn't install nothing and took me ages to figure out. Now I've installed xUbuntu on an 8GB partition and I have to say I am loving it! It's so fast. Just the way that everything instantly pops up and there is no lag on the PC whatsoever. Any tips on learning Linux? Because I am probably going to start using it full time.

-Poppins
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
If you want to learn more about it just go to Google.com or Youtube.com
(04-11-2010, 01:32 PM)Prune Wrote: If you want to learn more about it just go to Google.com or Youtube.com

Its okay saying that but then what do I search ETC? I just needed some tips from someone experienced.
Poppins™
Here is a good link to get you started. http://linuxreviews.org/beginner/
(04-11-2010, 01:45 PM)©@1cu1@te Wrote: Here is a good link to get you started. http://linuxreviews.org/beginner/

Thanks
Poppins™
Well first, i'd join up on Ubuntuforums.org and ask around for cool things you can do.
(04-11-2010, 01:34 PM)Poppins™ Wrote: Its okay saying that but then what do I search ETC? I just needed some tips from someone experienced.
Oh then yeah, you should be able to get answers around here. I was searching google for you but couldn't find anything.
You should of gotten ubuntu Imo.
I don't understand Linux. Can someone enlighten me? Why choose Linux over other Operating Systems?

Also, I'm assuming installing Linux onto my laptop would overwrite all files etc..?

I really don't understand what Linux is all about.
(04-13-2010, 12:23 PM)The Major Wrote: I don't understand Linux. Can someone enlighten me? Why choose Linux over other Operating Systems?

Also, I'm assuming installing Linux onto my laptop would overwrite all files etc..?

I really don't understand what Linux is all about.

Make your own thread and ask your question there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Xubuntu Experience Lin 17 4,200 04-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Help getting internet on Xubuntu and Can a tiple boat be possible Kenji Harima 9 2,014 10-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Kenji Harima