Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Read]A Guide to Using the SF Market Place[Read]
Note: I am also known as Pro on LF and RG. This is used at my discretion on other forums.

This guide will show you how to avoid scammers in the market place, and show you how to make the smoothest trade.

Scammers

Now what is a Scammer?

-A scammer can be defined as a swindler or, a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud.

-Scammers often are obvious, but not always. An example of an obvious scammer would be someone who is brand new to the forums, and says something along the lines of:
Code:
Hacking FBI.gov ...$5 per person

-Some scammers however are not obvious. For example, they will appear as a member with many post, and possibly a good reputation. A person who scams like this, scams for price. For example, this scammer will take an $1 apple, sugarcoat it and sell it for $10. Do not fall for this. Research before purchasing!

Identifying novice Scammers

Many scammers have trademark characteristics. This will Help you identify them.

-A novice scammer will often try and rush you into a purchase/sale since he/she is nervous and anxious to get it done.

-A novice scammer often has bad punctuation when typing. A true good salesman/buyer wants to appear as sophisticated.

-Bullshiting. A trademark characteristic of a novice scammer is that they will make up common sob stories to make you feel sympathetic to them, and therefor "go first". Do not fall for this.

-Always follow your gut. If something doesn't seem right, it's probably not.

Smooth Trades

A smooth trade, of course, is a trade of goods that happens without any problems between both parties.

-When trading, it is always best to use a trusted Middleman.

Well what exactly is a middleman?

-A middleman is a trusted 3rd party that holds both the consumer's money and the retailer's good's, and carries out the trade. That way if say the consumer fails to pay, the Middleman can simply give the retailer his/her good's back.

Use Teamviewer

-Use Teamviewer to view the screen of the person you are making the transaction with. This will help you confirm that the retailer has the product he/she is offering, and that the consumer has the amount of money that he/she has.

A safe link to a Teamviewer download can be found here:

Code:
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

-Do not trade with anyone who you do not trust or have a funny feeling about! Better safe than sorry!

Tips on Trading

-Some scammers are pro at what they do, so it is quite possible that you will not be able to identify a scammer based on the above information.

-Always remember to take Screenies! Fn + ptr sc can be your best friend. Anything that could server as evidence should be recorded. Things to screen shot include:

Any conversations
Paypal Transactions
The good's transaction

-Read every conversation carefully! Look for any small details that look to be out of place!

If you are Scammed

Please take the appropriate actions with the proper authority. If you want justice, you will however need suffice evidence.

I hope everyone learned something from this guide! Happy Trading.
HockeyBlackhat
Pm me if you need assistance with anything.
Good post Smile!

Hopefully there won't be many scammers here at SF.
(04-09-2010, 08:13 AM)Silver Wrote: Good post Smile!

Hopefully there won't be many scammers here at SF.

Thanks, it took me about an hour to write. Hopefully everyone will take the time to read before they trade.
(04-09-2010, 08:44 AM)hockeynut35 Wrote: Thanks, it took me about an hour to write. Hopefully everyone will take the time to read before they trade.

Like I said previously, nice post. You had good grammar, very organized, and well written Oui.
Nice guide bro. There really isn't much more to say then that, lol.
[Image: 0fcb61bd256add2d3b03271e3fa0cfbb.gif]
Neat, simple and straight forward guide.

Hopefully the scammer on HF don't transfer and try their tricks on SF Glare
[Image: purpavery.jpg]
Glad people are vieiwing but not many of you are leaving feedback.
Nice post but still you need to add much more.
(04-10-2010, 08:33 AM).:xX[ThunderStorm]Xx:. Wrote: Nice post but still you need to add much more.

Such as?
THanks for this..It was a grat guide =D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use #1 Search in the Server Hosting Market - Findmeaserver.com| Quick & Easy form! FrozenMango 0 211 07-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: FrozenMango
  IdealForums : A place where everything becomes a discussion Crystal 3 676 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Crystal
  Please Read BreShiE 2 358 12-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  FOR ALL GRAPHIC AND WEB DESIGNERS *READ* Camgaertner 12 2,754 04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Ambition
  Dolphin's market Marik™ 1 479 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.