Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oily Touchpad
I agree that using a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol on it will work best.
Just us a bit of cloth having some soapy solution on it and clean it and then with normal water .
Get some paper towels and dip it in water or (Dont mind me if I spell it wrong) achole . And just rub around it.
(04-12-2010, 01:34 AM)Heli0s Wrote: If it's oily, water might just spread it out a little bit and won't really remove it.

I suggest you dampen a cotton ball with a little rubbing alcohol and brush the pad in a circular motion for a few seconds. Make sure you cover the entire pad. Don't bother drying it out yourself. The alcohol will evaporate on it's own, you just have to let it sit for a few minutes.

Since our skin secretes natural oil, that's probably what it's from. If the problem keeps reoccurring, you might want to wash your hands each time before using your laptop.

Exactly what I was going to say...

Never use water on your pc components. Always use something thats steril as water can fry out your computer
(04-12-2010, 02:07 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I agree that using a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol on it will work best.

(04-12-2010, 08:33 PM)theboner Wrote:
(04-12-2010, 01:34 AM)Heli0s Wrote: If it's oily, water might just spread it out a little bit and won't really remove it.

I suggest you dampen a cotton ball with a little rubbing alcohol and brush the pad in a circular motion for a few seconds. Make sure you cover the entire pad. Don't bother drying it out yourself. The alcohol will evaporate on it's own, you just have to let it sit for a few minutes.

Since our skin secretes natural oil, that's probably what it's from. If the problem keeps reoccurring, you might want to wash your hands each time before using your laptop.

Exactly what I was going to say...

Never use water on your pc components. Always use something thats steril as water can fry out your computer

The alcohol will cut through any grease, grime, or oil thats built up on your touchpad, and any other electronic device that's sensitive to water exposure.

I guarantee it will work the best.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
(04-09-2010, 08:02 AM)Explosions Hurt Wrote: I have been using my laptop for quite a while and the touchpad (mouse) looks a bit oily? Can anyone advise a safe way to clean this?

Thanks Roflmao

Microfiber cloths are the best way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfiber
[Image: kco478.png]
After using mine for so long it just developed an uncleanable greasy looking surface even though it is clean.
... Paper towel ever come to mind...?