Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivation
Pills are drugs, just leglaized. Therapy is better, it will help "ease" your mind. Pills will just force your bodt to change, they do more damage long term just like illegal drugs do.
(04-07-2010, 01:56 PM)Maestro Wrote: Pills are drugs, just leglaized. Therapy is better, it will help "ease" your mind. Pills will just force your bodt to change, they do more damage long term just like illegal drugs do.

So aspirin is going to fudge me up when I'm 50? Maybe you should do some research on the way medicine works.
When I was talking about drugs I meant for it to stop my Anxiety, because without that I could do anything.
And I do have anger problems.
But another thing is that I have tried therapy, I liked it and thought it worked until I thought back and how I didn't solve anything I just told somebody about them.
(04-07-2010, 06:10 PM)BrainDamge Wrote: When I was talking about drugs I meant for it to stop my Anxiety, because without that I could do anything.
And I do have anger problems.
But another thing is that I have tried therapy, I liked it and thought it worked until I thought back and how I didn't solve anything I just told somebody about them.

Try another therapist. Each therapist has his or her own technique(s).

@Nima,
I'm sure he meant perscribed (sP) drugs, not something like aspirin.
(04-07-2010, 07:24 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: @Nima,
I'm sure he meant perscribed (sP) drugs, not something like aspirin.

I know, but he's acting like all medicine is going to harm you more than it'll help you.
(04-07-2010, 07:27 PM)Nima304 Wrote: I know, but he's acting like all medicine is going to harm you more than it'll help you.

If you become reliant on them, then it'll hurt you. For example, anti-depressants should be a temporary prescription. Some people need them to even function, though. They become sluggish, lazy, and even worse than they were before them.
(04-06-2010, 08:12 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: In this case, therapy is six thousand times better than medicine. No medicine can motivate you, but therapy can. You don't "believe" in therapy.. it exists. It's been proven to help, and it does. My brother doesn't "believe" in it either, and it's stupid. Therapy helps MANY people. To name a few: Soldiers with PTSD, depressed people (teens and adults alike), people with anger problems, couples that are having problems with their marriage, and so on. If you swallow your pride and go see a therapist, you will be a LOT happier.

Yeah, 'cause drugs will help you, right?
No, they'll just make you more lazy. I'm not talking out of my as.s, I'm speaking from experience.
I've seen what most drugs do to people. Weed makes most people lazy; that's based off my observations. I'm sure some drug fanatic will come and argue with me, but it's what I've seen.
Cocaine, MDMA, and so on are out of the questions. Those won't help you at all.

Let's say you NEED to do schoolwork lest you fail. Here's a great motivator: Imagine you fail school and don't have the credentials to get into a university. Then what? You're stuck using your back 10 hours a day because you didn't try hard enough. Is that what you want? To think, "This f.ucking sucks." every day at some construction site? Or maybe a restaurant. You'd earn even less then.

What about your future family? Do you think your wife/husband wants to be the one who is making all of the money because they actually went to a university? What about your children? Is it fair to them that they don't have equal opportunity because they were born into a poor family? I'd say not.

Maybe such drastic consequences don't exist if you, say, don't learn C++, but the fact is that it will HELP you if you learn C++ (this is a hypothetical situation btw). Let's assume you know someone who wants a simple program that will take a screenshot after 15 seconds. This would be so simple to do with just some rudimentary knowledge of C++, but if you never got around to learning it, you might be out of 100+ dollars that that person would have paid you.

Look at me: I finally got around to starting a forum. I learned about MyBB, and while I'm still a newbie, I've earned $90 dollars from helping ONE person with MyBB installations and troubleshooting. That person now trusts me and comes to me when he has a job for me. I'm only 15, too.

If you take the time, it always works out in your favor.

I agree with Elektrisk %100 on this. Drugs wont help you; they're a short term relief for a long term suffer.
You really just need a push; like Elektrisk said. Look what he's done; he's 15 and has made $90 or so for helping people with something he just learned about.

Or if that isn't a good enough example, take mine:
I'm 13 years old. I managed to become a super moderator of a big site. I currently own 10 of my websites, and my knowledge about them increases each day. I even got offered a high $xxx job from a family friend; because he knew what I could do. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(04-07-2010, 07:32 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: If you become reliant on them, then it'll hurt you. For example, anti-depressants should be a temporary prescription. Some people need them to even function, though. They become sluggish, lazy, and even worse than they were before them.

If you're worried about getting addicted, do some research before taking the medication in question.
Drugs does not solve anything. I suggest that you participate in livelihood projects or be active in church.
[Image: technome.jpg]
S.M.A.R.T.A.S.S.
(04-08-2010, 03:21 AM)smileyface Wrote: Drugs does not solve anything. I suggest that you participate in livelihood projects or be active in church.

He never said he was religious.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you need any motivation Chava22611 1 941 06-17-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: JoseSheehan
  Motivation to do well in school Spafic 12 2,030 03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Mous