Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who have only joined for the feather award..
i do want the award, but i have an account already but forget info, and i shall stay even if i carnt get the award, as i think this is a nice forum/community
[Image: Navineous.gif]
(04-06-2010, 12:01 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Don't y'all think it's kind of lame that some people have joined solely to get the feather award? There're some members here, such as Aristotle, Trilobyte, Skill, myself, Tim, and more who have been here since the opening, but now there's a crapload of people coming here and spamming as if they care about SF solely to get the HF award. I admit that the burst of activity is nice, but it's rather disappointing to see people post, "I'm only here for the feather award. Plus, it's like the lounge on HF, but you get posts for it!" I dunno who said that, but it was in the thread trilobyte locked. Just had to get this off my chest.

Note: I am not against the award itself. I am against those who are simply joining, shooting up to 100 posts, getting it, then leaving.

I think Omni is trying to get the activity up, and it is definitely needed. I think the lack in activity and the time gaps between threads/posts is turning of new members from staying. I think of it as a prize will get people in the door, but the forum is what will get people to stay. So if at the end of their 100 post journey, they choose not to stay. At least it can be said they gave the site a chance before leaving.
[Image: tje1.png]
I want the award, but I've been here since the start, just browsing though. I find it hard to be on HF and SF as well as having a life lol.
[Image: 28715j4.jpg]
Yea agree. After some time you will see a shitload of unused accounts with 100 posts.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(04-06-2010, 09:28 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Yea agree. After some time you will see a shitload of unused accounts with 100 posts.

There were already many unused accounts, they just had between 1-15 posts.
[Image: tje1.png]
Well, I guess this explains the large amount of nonsensical posting and necro-posting that I've seen in the C++ section.
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Skill told me about Support Forums.
I already got my award but I am still going to be in this forums Smile because I love it.
In all honesty?
I came here for the award.

Then I realized what new features this forum has, among a few other things that are quite a few nice pros

I went from Award wanter, to someone who's here to, well, be here.

And I plan to be here after 100 posts.
(04-06-2010, 01:02 PM)Eve Wrote: Skill told me about Support Forums.

I'm glad to see you here. I hope you don't let random members drive you away.

(04-06-2010, 01:55 PM)Bill Nye Wrote: In all honesty?
I came here for the award.

Then I realized what new features this forum has, among a few other things that are quite a few nice pros

I went from Award wanter, to someone who's here to, well, be here.

And I plan to be here after 100 posts.

I guess that's what Omni was hoping would happen. Looks like it's worked rather well. Trilobyte has done a great job on banning the spammers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums Award Question? Machine 3 584 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Cubs
  I dont like the HF support feather award thespragg 25 3,335 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Grin
  How may I get me support feather? Saga 16 2,027 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Pompano
  Feather? -Infectious 5 589 08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sam
  100 Posts in one day .......WTF....Award for this Spammer ?!?!?! Š Λ☨∀И 23 3,622 04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Solidus