Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who have only joined for the feather award..
Quote:I guess that's what Omni was hoping would happen. Looks like it's worked rather well. Trilobyte has done a great job on banning the spammers.

I take it Trilobyte is this forums iBF?

I'm thinking of making a thread about how this forum should be a good one to join by listing the upside of things, among other things.

Should make a few more people stay :]

other than the c/p of the previous forum code, since quoting is still messed up.
(04-06-2010, 02:01 PM)Bill Nye Wrote: I take it Trilobyte is this forums iBF?

I'm thinking of making a thread about how this forum should be a good one to join by listing the upside of things, among other things.

Should make a few more people stay :]

other than the c/p of the previous forum code, since quoting is still messed up.

iBF is an administrator; trilobyte- is a super moderator.
Trilobyte is not like iBF from what I have seen. He is a great moderator, though, and is very fair. He, kn1ght, and Skill are the only moderators here. PaNiK used to be a moderator, but he no longer is.

That's MyBB's fault, not Omni's. Unless he made modifications to the [QUOTE] tag (I dunno if it's even possible or not), then it's MyBB's fault.
(04-06-2010, 02:06 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: iBF is an administrator; trilobyte- is a super moderator.
Trilobyte is not like iBF from what I have seen. He is a great moderator, though, and is very fair. He, kn1ght, and Skill are the only moderators here. PaNiK used to be a moderator, but he no longer is.

That's MyBB's fault, not Omni's. Unless he made modifications to the [QUOTE] tag (I dunno if it's even possible or not), then it's MyBB's fault.

Thanks for the update. Oui
(04-06-2010, 01:57 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I'm glad to see you here. I hope you don't let random members drive you away.

Thank you. I missed you and your posts.
I had already joined ages ago, but the news of this Support Feather Award sparked up my curiosity for Support Forums again. Once seeing the thread, I became active here again.
I was planning on joining, but the feather just wanted me to join and post more.
Need help with graphics or Photoshop? Feel free to PM.
[Image: 746c52b5.png]
MSN: Kriminal@Lumbridge.net
(04-06-2010, 12:01 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Don't y'all think it's kind of lame that some people have joined solely to get the feather award? There're some members here, such as Aristotle, Trilobyte, Skill, myself, Tim, and more who have been here since the opening, but now there's a crapload of people coming here and spamming as if they care about SF solely to get the HF award. I admit that the burst of activity is nice, but it's rather disappointing to see people post, "I'm only here for the feather award. Plus, it's like the lounge on HF, but you get posts for it!" I dunno who said that, but it was in the thread trilobyte locked. Just had to get this off my chest.

Note: I am not against the award itself. I am against those who are simply joining, shooting up to 100 posts, getting it, then leaving.

Why aren't I mentioned =< xD
And the OSHIT area doesn't count posts.
It's a real shame that people would come and post just for an award.
You can never have 100% retential but you increase your odds with every registration and post. 100 posts might be enough for someone to "like" the place enough to stick around.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(04-06-2010, 04:06 PM)Omniscient Wrote: You can never have 100% retential but you increase your odds with every registration and post. 100 posts might be enough for someone to "like" the place enough to stick around.

Yeah, I suppose this is true. I only realized this halfway through the topic. I'm going to request that it be locked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums Award Question? Machine 3 586 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Cubs
  I dont like the HF support feather award thespragg 25 3,336 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Grin
  How may I get me support feather? Saga 16 2,063 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Pompano
  Feather? -Infectious 5 589 08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sam
  100 Posts in one day .......WTF....Award for this Spammer ?!?!?! Š Λ☨∀И 23 3,625 04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Solidus