Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How successful are .info domains?
I have a .info domain right now and I was curious what the success is with this. Is it more is it less? I'd say it would be less but that is just my opinion.

Share your opinions please.
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
Less. People may forget what TLD is used, and go to .com, and .coms tend to be more "trusted" overall.
There is also a bigger market as more are more likely to go to a .com, then a .info with the same URL.
You can't base website success purely on it's domain. Yes a shitty domain wont work as well but it's how well the site is designed and managed and whether or not it is needed.

As to your question, I wouldn't judge a site badly on a .info domain. But I wont lie saying that I would prefer .com or something.
I am a member on your site, i think its foolish to say it makes a difference if you buy a *.info its the same thing. So personally i think your success rate wont be different on a different domain.
I have used them in teh past...the only way they are successful is if you can pick them up for $.01 or so right as they are expiring and host them yourself.
You are a member on my site? And by success, I mean members sign-ups in a specific time period.
(04-05-2010, 04:29 PM)Backslash Wrote: You are a member on my site? And by success, I mean members sign-ups in a specific time period.

it dosent deter people but sometimes they can find them hard to remember...no i havent signed up on your site but i would be glad to
I think someone would trust *.com more than *.info

Major sites use .com and .net, no major site really uses .info. I believe that's the reasoning behind it.
Was the .info domain cheaper? I think it is.
Yes, it was cheaper. That was why I went with it lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hiding Info from WhoIS Search ? Baked 14 3,635 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: offshore7x
  .info domain for sale. Toxic Injection 0 649 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Toxic Injection