Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and how to use it.
What is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is available in two versions, the Free Version and the Full Version.

Key Features:

Support for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Light speed quick scanning.
Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
Database updates released daily.
Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
Multi-lingual support.
Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
Command line support for quick scanning.
Context menu integration to scan files on demand.

Please note: If you are willing to pay for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Full Version, it has a built in feature called FileASSASSIN. FileASSASSIN is an application that can delete any type of locked files that are on your computer. Whether the files are from a malware infection or just a particular file that will not delete - FileASSASSIN can remove it. The program uses advanced programming techniques to unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate processes to remove the particular locked file. Please use with caution as deleting critical system files may cause system errors.

[Image: 2itn902.png]

Step by step guide on how to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

First of all you need to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Once you have downloaded it you can now install it, do so by clicking the Malwarebytes's install icon.

Follow the installation process until you have successfully installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Once you have downloaded and installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware you will need to do a system scan. Click on "Perform quick scan" or "Perform full scan".

Once the scan has completed, click "OK" and then click "Show Results". You will now have the ability to remove any malware that your scan has found. Tick all of them and click "Remove Selected".

Once you are finished, a log will open in Notepad. You can also find any previous logs under the "Logs" tab of the program.

If you have any issues with installing and using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware please either post below or PM me, I will try and help you out as much as possible.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

You should really update the Malwarebyte database version first before you scan but good basic guide on how to use the program.
Good work. A nice and easy guide.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
The only problem with this program is that it lacks Heurictic analysis =( it can only detect by signature.
Great post Skill Smile
Even if it's not Pro edition, it's still an awesome scanner :b
I agree with you Elektrisk, it's perfect.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

The pro edition i think the only googd that does is blocking ip's! Sometimes it wont let you go to a website like HF
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
I use and recommend this to clients, much better imo than the over hyped LAVASOFT ADAWARE , and SPYSWEEPER.
Used this program Yesterday, thought I was infected But it found like 50 suspicious files that I hadn't opened yet, and it runs way smoother then before though so a must recommend program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Virus Scanners & Malware Analyzers List Akinova 10 4,281 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  (Free) Anti-Malware programs Bugsy 21 8,387 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  [Tutorial]Anti anti's! bling111 3 1,526 05-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Boing7898
  [Solved my own problem :P] Where is MalwareBytes' Information located in Registry? Resistance 3 1,954 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Reality
  [Guide] - Malware Explanation & Information --([-S7N-])-- 10 4,088 05-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Last Post: JesusOfSuburbia