Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life After Man -- Photo Manipulation
That is a really nice piece of work. I would agree with Μαύρο though, you have to work on those areas.
Looks great. You should make a tutorial on doing this, or did you follow one?
Very nice work JD!
I remember seeing some of your work long ago, and you have improved! I wouldn't mind using something like that as my desktop background.
PM me for private, confidential support.
WoW, FUCKEN awesome!
Do you make sigs too?
that looks amazing... excellent job
hope to see more of your work
Looks quite nice.

Seems like a photo that would be used by professional companies.
(04-02-2010, 04:27 PM)Μαύρο Wrote: I apologise for my articulateness... but the lighting on the vehicles still depict an existing sun. The lighting is too contrastive with the surrounding environment. And the glare in the lighting is also present.

Areas of concern:

Thanks for the advice and the pic. You must have very keen eyes, because I didn't even catch that at all. Oui Maybe one day I'll try and figure out how to deal with that.

(04-05-2010, 01:18 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: Looks great. You should make a tutorial on doing this, or did you follow one?

I followed this one on PSDtuts.com. You can learn a lot of cool techniques from there. Mine isn't nearly as occupied with stuff to look at as the original, but if I had taken more time to crop some stock photos it would be. P:

(04-05-2010, 01:19 PM)PaNiK Wrote: Very nice work JD!
I remember seeing some of your work long ago, and you have improved! I wouldn't mind using something like that as my desktop background.

Thanks! I'm always trying out new techniques and styles while attempting to pick out flaws in my past works.

(04-05-2010, 01:21 PM)Pi[X]el Wrote: WoW, FUCKEN awesome!
Do you make sigs too?

Thanks. I don't usually make sigs unless I'm desperate for something to occupy my time with.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(03-23-2010, 06:16 PM)JDBar Wrote: So this is a personal project I worked on in my graphics class for about 45 minutes a day for about a week. There's a lot more I could've added and done, but it was taking up a lot of time and I had to move on to another project.

The thumbnail is pathetic, click it for full size (2000x3008 px)
[Image: Life_After_Man_Photo_Manip__by_JDBar.jpg]

I made the silly mistake of leaving the reflections in the skyscraper windows with a beautiful blue sky on the first upload. Tongue I "fixed it" with a color overlay and redoing the lighting in Photoshop.

Here's a rescale of the original photo taken by a guy named Kevin Connors in New York (click for download link):

Jesus, thats awesome.
Thats great. Anyway to find a tut on this?
[Image: deities.jpg]
Nice image. However, I don't understand why the sky will turn orange just because humans are gone.
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photo editors for windows? leonblurry 4 1,142 10-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Last Post: jackluter
  Hawt photo model. Oldskool. 3 946 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Last Post: xype
  //Photo Manipulation - Galaxy element// 9 1,547 07-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Destruct
  mx+blackout// first attempt at a photo manipulation. element// 2 704 07-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sin.
  2nd photo recoloring bkotz 13 2,162 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Last Post: -MNML-