Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff usernames be added to the forbidden usernames list
Would it be possible to get the usernames of the staff here added to the Banned Username list so people can't make their usernames similar. Its very deceptive, especially if they just add a full stop or something after it and you can't tell by the username colour from the thread list where it just displays the text.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I personally think that people who try to duplicate staff's usernames should be banned.
I don't think ktmrider530 http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...e&uid=1099 should be banned, he is a great member but I wish he didn't change his username to Omniscient.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I'm almost certain that when Omniscient comes online he'll either a) edit ktmrider530's username back to his previous or b) ban him temporarily for impersonating him. Seen as ktm hasn't really done anything wrong in the past, I don't think he needs to worry about being banned. I know he isn't going to try impersonate Omniscient, nobody's dumb enough to fall for it.

As for the banning of names similar to staff, I think yes but only if they are new members. The older members would quite clearly be having a bit of fun. Anyway, let's hope that this doesn't become a craze because I really don't want to have to ban some of the more active and well respected members of our community.

ktmrider530, if you're reading - please change your username as soon as you can. I don't have the tools to do so, otherwise I would have done it myself. Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(03-23-2010, 05:03 AM)Skill Wrote: I'm almost certain that when Omniscient comes online he'll either a) edit ktmrider530's username back to his previous or b) ban him temporarily for impersonating him. Seen as ktm hasn't really done anything wrong in the past, I don't think he needs to worry about being banned. I know he isn't going to try impersonate Omniscient, nobody's dumb enough to fall for it.

As for the banning of names similar to staff, I think yes but only if they are new members. The older members would quite clearly be having a bit of fun. Anyway, let's hope that this doesn't become a craze because I really don't want to have to ban some of the more active and well respected members of our community.

ktmrider530, if you're reading - please change your username as soon as you can. I don't have the tools to do so, otherwise I would have done it myself. Smile

Maybe I should change my name to Skíll?
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(03-23-2010, 06:57 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Maybe I should change my name to Skíll?

Did you not read his post?
I personally don't find it amusing.
(03-23-2010, 06:57 AM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Maybe I should change my name to Skíll?

No, please don't. It'll cause a lot of confusion and tbh, why would you want to change? Tongue

Sorry about that guys, didn't mean to cause a big thing lol. Just having some fun.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(03-23-2010, 09:42 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Sorry about that guys, didn't mean to cause a big thing lol. Just having some fun.

Don't worry. Thank you for being so civil about it. Smile

I didn't realize it would cause a thread trying to change rules.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Staff? King 73 10,516 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,270 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,712 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Private Group Forums Added Omniscient 34 5,018 08-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Last Post: FISH
  403 Forbidden Error G0dfath3r 4 835 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Last Post: G0dfath3r