Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what to do...
Get FruityLoops, and learn how to make hip-hop beats. (You can youtube some vid tuts)
It'll take you maybe a month to get the hang of it to make a solid beat.
Then, all you have to worry about is lyrics, and recording equipment.

Don't worry about your parents. Most parents don't like the profession that their kids choose, but once you start making money in that profession, they'll love it. But you have to be good at least and have people actually WANT to listen to you.
OP, my advice, would be to focus on your potential career/future in computers, an use rapping as a release/hobby, because to be honest, it is extremely hard to successfully break into that career.
Screw what other people say, do what ever you love, I believe in you man, good luck rapping man.
Music is an escape for all of us.... Hope your parents come out and share there feelings with you and also give you support...
I know what it feels like to not have any support. Belief in yourself is all that is required, though. If it is your dream, they(your parents) will respect it eventually.
(03-20-2010, 11:35 AM)Cheeseburger Wrote: Out of curiosity are you white? I used to like rap music when i was younger but i kinda grew out of it.

What does his ethnicity have to do with it?
If they don't support you, just keep focusing on your goal to make sure you don't let it die out and end up hurting yourself in the future.
Just go and tell your parents how you feel about Rap music.
You could always download some software for your computer to record, mix etc.
Good luck. Big Grin
Wow. Your kinda like me, I also like to express my self/day in some rap weither it be a soft and calm non violent to a violent rap it don't matter.

I am also good at computer Tongue

But you should tell your parents how you feel and ask for there support while your into this whole RAP thing. All fazes pass threwout time.

Heck, Who knows next year at this time you could be a drug dealer or a business person.
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

Wow, I feel for you man, it's tough wanting to do something without people you know supporting you.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]