Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Selling grow boxes
That's actually very innovative. Good luck on your sale.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Wow.. I need to come up with $300 quickly.. That's an awesome box man..

I even have feminized seeds ready for that box +)
[Image: heretician.png]

AIM - c90tre
MSN - onealns@email.uc.edu
Feminized seeds you say heretician?
From my experience you cant even keep a female clone female unless you hit them with hormones so to say a seed is female is being very hopeful. Go clones man.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-23-2009, 03:18 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Feminized seeds you say heretician?
From my experience you cant even keep a female clone female unless you hit them with hormones so to say a seed is female is being very hopeful. Go clones man.

Code:
It is possible to use a combination of cloning and "shocking" plants to get them to produce feminized seeds.[31] A clone will retain the same sex throughout its life, so if a female plant is cloned, its clones will also be female, precluding reproduction.

Some claim (particularly vendors of feminized seeds produced with certain methods) that while environmental stresses have been used to create pollen bearing male flowers on female plants- known as 'hermaphroditing' or 'hermying', this method is not preferred when creating feminized seeds; due to those plants most likely to revert to seed making being the ones which hermie soonest; hence passing on the genetic trait of instability of gender - desirable in the wild but not in cultivation.

Spraying selected leaves, branches and in cases where large amount of seed desired whole plants with colloidal silver solution has become a preferred method since the colloidal silver suppresses ethylene production in bud sites, stimulating male characteristics. Gibberellic acid has been used frequently; but is harder to find than colloidal silver, which involves nothing more than a small wall d.c. power supply and two pieces of solid silver jeweler's wire, or 99.999% silver coin. A method used by organic growers and promulgated by the famous Cannabis breeder Soma, is called 'Rodelization', or letting unpollenated female plants live several weeks longer than the normal harvest time. In such plants a hermaphroditic trait will self express in effort to continue the genetic line; the fact this method utilizes auto hermaphroditic traits which could contribute to instability in a plant's genetics is offset by grower observations that the tendency to auto-switch sex is not great in plants grown from seeds made this way, and the fact that it occurs naturally without effort on the part of the cultivator.

However, other cultivators claim that the genes responsible for hermaphroditism are present and may be activated under stress from any of the above methods and that once activated can be passed to seeds regardless of how it was activated. Previous theories would not have allowed for the passing of genetic alterations an adult has acquired after birth but there is evidence that when a gene is activated in a mother after her birth that expression can be passed to offspring.

Google works too!

AIM - c90tre
Well see you use google and i use EXPERIENCE.
I am telling you for a FACT!!. Female plants can and do turn male during growth.
DAMN man i have lost loads of money because of this.
2 seeds from 1 plant will differ.... FACT!!
Female clones off a female plant which is hit with female hormone can turn male still.... FACT!!
Perhaps look up polonation of the dope plant and learn a little first.
The Rules!

(10-24-2009, 02:11 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Well see you use google and i use EXPERIENCE.
I am telling you for a FACT!!. Female plants can and do turn male during growth.
DAMN man i have lost loads of money because of this.
2 seeds from 1 plant will differ.... FACT!!
Female clones off a female plant which is hit with female hormone can turn male still.... FACT!!
Perhaps look up polonation of the dope plant and learn a little first.

That actually wasn't from Google, Google was a suggestion to you.

Just read what I quoted there buddy, it explains the entire process and why it happens -- written by a Botanist..

I mean, I am not going to make the assumption that you aren't a graduated or in the process of being a Botanist -- but the fact that you can not even spell pollination

It isn't even about hormones or pollination as much as it is chromosome balancing..

Thanks for the negative -- Maybe take some anger management classes?

Here is some food for thought by the way:

During the 1960's and 1970's some cannabis breeders took to experimenting with Colchicine. Colchicine, a powerful mutagen for both man and beast, stops cell duplication, while the cellcore duplication continues the same. The end result is a doubling or more of the chromosome set. This treatment can be beneficial to cannabis because it enforces many properties such as higher production of thc and resistance to disease. What also resulted, when gender chromosomes doubled, is that male or female chromosomes appear manifold, called Hermaphrodites. What's the plant to become? It becomes all at once. The result is called feminized or effeminate seed.
Genetically, a cannabis plant is more or less predisposed to become male or female. This is regulated by 2 chromosomes everyone knows as the X and Y chromosomes. A plant with 2 XX chromosomes becomes female. A plant with an X and Y turns into a male. Plants have hormones that regulate it's functioning, of which gender is one of those functions. The hormone balance is genetically determined, and partly influenced by environmental factors. An example is when plant roots get damaged. The roots will produce a substance that in turn slows down leaf growth. The result is male flowers. When discussing hormone balance you get FEMALE SEED: a female is a plant with XX or only female chromosomes.
When you have a seed with just X chromosomes, you are certain this seed will grow into a plant that is genetically female. To achieve the XX only plant: a female plant is forced by a hormone called Gibberellic Acid to produce male flowers, the pollen created contains only X chromosomes, when you offer this pollen to another female plant you can be absolutely certain to get seeds which are 100% XX. Once again this seed is called FEMALE SEED. Gibberellic Acid can be found in online. It takes years for an individual to achieve the proper plant hormone manipulation to get 100% female XX seed. Supplies therefore fluctuate and there are many different strains available worldwide.

AIM - c90tre
Once again "buddy" i dont need to read that novel to tell you the facts!!. I have grown crap loads of herb mate.
I have had female clones that have turned male. I have had seeds that were female only to turn.
Its a fact every grower knows. You my friend are not one of them.
I know many who do this for a living and they know more than any book worm. You just went and got some block of text you found off the net. I am telling you life experience. Difference between book smarts and street smarts. That also applies to my spelling. I care not for a spelling mistake or 2 here and there. Damn i often do them intentionally.
You go grow your quality female plants "from seed lol" In your quality grow boxes.
Enough said.
The Rules!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grow Taller 2014 .null 0 333 01-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Last Post: .null
  | EV Account | 1,637 Subscriber Creds | 115,558 Creds | Grow Your youtube channel | Airsoftgunsruz 2 756 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Airsoftgunsruz