Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP automatically create new database after x tables
Hello,

Is it possible to create a whole new mysql database, after one database reaches a certain amount of tables?

For example, if one database reaches over 200 tables, automatically create a new table.

Thanks
Why would you want to do this? Curious because I don't see how this is a benefit.

However it should be possible as long as the DB user has the proper permissions with MySQL.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(02-24-2010, 08:48 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Why would you want to do this? Curious because I don't see how this is a benefit.

However it should be possible as long as the DB user has the proper permissions with MySQL.

I am looking in to doing this because I am working on opening a MyBB web host, and I don't want to overload one MySQL database with all the tables.
Why not just create a new database for every site?
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I agree with Omni, Creating a new database for every site would be a wiser idea.
I can't do that, because I only have a limit of 170 databases.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PHP Framework List: An Ultimate Guide to 102 PHP Frameworks for Web Developers tk-hassan 0 777 07-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  PHP Video Tutorials (PHP For Beginners) Eleqtriq 4 3,272 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Greyersting
  Submit Textfile Contents To Database xbiohazardx 13 3,259 12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Chimi
  Time added to database Dutchcoffee 1 677 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Gaijin
  Create a Zip File using PHP zone 0 864 11-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Last Post: zone