Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is an MSDN account and why is it forbidden?
I am curious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume it is a paid MSN?
Not 100% sure but a google search showed me this:

The Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) is the portion of Microsoft responsible for managing the firm's relationship with developers: hardware developers interested in the operating system (OS), developers standing on the various OS platforms, developers leveraging the API and scripting languages of Microsoft's many applications. The relationship management is situated in assorted media: web sites, newsletters, developer conferences, trade media, blogs and DVD distribution. The life cycle of the relationships ranges from legacy support through evangelizing potential offerings.
(02-23-2010, 08:44 AM)Mozz Wrote: Not 100% sure but a google search showed me this:

The Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) is the portion of Microsoft responsible for managing the firm's relationship with developers: hardware developers interested in the operating system (OS), developers standing on the various OS platforms, developers leveraging the API and scripting languages of Microsoft's many applications. The relationship management is situated in assorted media: web sites, newsletters, developer conferences, trade media, blogs and DVD distribution. The life cycle of the relationships ranges from legacy support through evangelizing potential offerings.

You Googled that for me, why thank you! Smile

I searched earlier and found a similar description with login pages. I didn't find out what the account is, or does.
It may be an obvious question for someone else, I am hoping.
What is Microsoft Bizspark?

The above link will explain alot better than I can. The reason that they are forbidden here is because they are mainly obtained via illegal methods.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Pretty much, you get serials for every product available from microsoft. Well, you used to. The accounts are heavily limited now. Instead of being able to claim 10 serails for every product, you can only claim two for a much smaller selection of software. All the keys are official, but the accounts can be obtained illegally.
(02-23-2010, 04:26 PM)Extasey Wrote: Pretty much, you get serials for every product available from microsoft. Well, you used to. The accounts are heavily limited now. Instead of being able to claim 10 serails for every product, you can only claim two for a much smaller selection of software. All the keys are official, but the accounts can be obtained illegally.

This pretty much sums it up. Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

They are illegal to resell accounts that have access to MSDN which has all Microsoft software and OS.
Thanks for the links and explanations. Smile I think I got the answer, you can close this thread.

MSDN is a business facility with software benefits. Reselling of subscription accounts to MSDN can be illegal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MSDN Subscription 2012 AceInfinity 20 2,855 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity