Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Forums Starting To Pick Up Nicely
Well here we are about 4 1/2 months into SF and I am pretty happy. The site has a nice feel to it and we're starting to get search engine traffic. Daily activity is on the rise too. I'll probably start looking for some improvements and adjustments I can make for this site. Eventually I'd like to see this site bigger than HF but I know that will be difficult. Hopefully members here feel the same way and can help make that become a reality.

So thanks to everyone that has helped so far and I look forward to the coming year as we continue to grow.

Pirate
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Over the past 4 or 5 months we have seen activity rise and fall, but we are still a community that is dedicated to helping others. I'm more than certain that Support Forums will become even more of a success as the months go by.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for HF to reach the status that SF is in right now?

Thank you for all your commitment to the community as an Administrator, if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be able to browse SF as it would be nonexistent.

Good luck with everything Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I wouldn't say rise and fall. It's actually been pretty steady and we have seen some slow periods but nothing devastating. I continue to market the site across the interwebs and just about everything I do shows some results.

Right now SEO is kicking in.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'm glad this site is getting more traffic, let's hope it gets bigger quickly.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
I'm happy this site is picking up. I will try to get us more members if I can through friends and people I know online. Thanks for being such a great admin Omni, everytime I'm on I see you online too, site wouldn't be what it is without you.
I have also been trying to up my posts per day without resorting to spam posts, I will try to make more TuT's.
And to elaborate on Skill's question, how long did it take HF to get 10k members?
Glad to see this website picking up nicely, I've learnt a lot from this website already and hopefully we can continue helping and learning from other new members.
(02-16-2010, 02:06 PM)Maestro Wrote: And to elaborate on Skill's question, how long did it take HF to get 10k members?

I think about 15 months.
Not a dig on SF. I have come to really like this place but i dont think it could ever reach the potential of HF.
Just so everyone knows i never really got into HF and never will.
You got HF kicking at the right time and it just worked. Lets face it there are loads of kids wanting to learn hacking. And HF largely become a place for young kids to just chill out at and post random crap.
This is slightly more specific a niche. Thus it will never grow like HF i feel.
And dick can run around and claim to be a hacker like 95% on HF do.
But when it comes to helping someone out when they need help then you either shine or look a tool.
Now the fact SF is structured a little different i feel it will grow but never to the levels of HF. Its just not possible i feel.
Most of the strength of SF if off the back of HF and others. If this url had started on its own independently it would still be stuck at 50 members like the majority or fail forums.
As for ups and downs. Well man your must not be attending enough.
I come here most every day. And just before christmas this place took a serious dive.
Anyone could see that and most "Active" members discussed it actually and most agreed i thought?
Fact is SF has yet to really recover from the christmas slow period.
Well not entirely true. The last few days have been really good.
And i hope/expect it to kick again soon.
Its easy to give bias possitive spin on anything i just felt a bit of honesty was needed.
Well if not honesty atleast user perspective.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-17-2010, 12:56 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Not a dig on SF. I have come to really like this place but i dont think it could ever reach the potential of HF.
Just so everyone knows i never really got into HF and never will.
You got HF kicking at the right time and it just worked. Lets face it there are loads of kids wanting to learn hacking. And HF largely become a place for young kids to just chill out at and post random crap.
This is slightly more specific a niche. Thus it will never grow like HF i feel.
And dick can run around and claim to be a hacker like 95% on HF do.
But when it comes to helping someone out when they need help then you either shine or look a tool.
Now the fact SF is structured a little different i feel it will grow but never to the levels of HF. Its just not possible i feel.
Most of the strength of SF if off the back of HF and others. If this url had started on its own independently it would still be stuck at 50 members like the majority or fail forums.
As for ups and downs. Well man your must not be attending enough.
I come here most every day. And just before christmas this place took a serious dive.
Anyone could see that and most "Active" members discussed it actually and most agreed i thought?
Fact is SF has yet to really recover from the christmas slow period.
Well not entirely true. The last few days have been really good.
And i hope/expect it to kick again soon.
Its easy to give bias possitive spin on anything i just felt a bit of honesty was needed.
Well if not honesty atleast user perspective.

SF can be good as HF, but it will take more work and much longer for it to be imo. The forum may have failed if it was independent but I doubt it with Omni's knowledge on forums and promoting. Well I wasn't here for Christmas but yes, the activety does go up and down during the day but it does increase.
(02-17-2010, 03:36 AM)Maestro Wrote: SF can be good as HF, but it will take more work and much longer for it to be imo. The forum may have failed if it was independent but I doubt it with Omni's knowledge on forums and promoting. Well I wasn't here for Christmas but yes, the activety does go up and down during the day but it does increase.

Yeah, I hope it gets good enough so I can remain active daily like on HF Tongue

Too bad its down atm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,938 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,835 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,562 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 14,921 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,849 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus