Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site to analyze hijackthis logs
This is a site I came across that was recommended by a few friends of mine..

http://www.hijackthis.de/

you simply enter in the data from your log and it analyzes it.

NOTE: This site is rarely, if ever, completely accurate. The legitimacy of lines is determined by the public; any user can rate a line 'good' or 'bad'. So, what if a lot of people rate malware as 'good', and it doesn't get detected as a line that needs to be fixed? Then you're SOL. Cleaning a computer with HijackThis is not as simple as fixing a few lines. More than often, malware scanners, file scanners, and more file listing scanners need to be used to ensure the removal of all infections. Not to mention that you must also sometimes manually uninstall malicious software. This site should NOT be used in an attempt to replace the analysis by a human. - Elektrisk
Hello.

This site was mentioned in the thread "Guidelines for posting HijackThis logs". Also, you need to mention the danger of using HJT without an instructor, and that sometimes this site produces false positives.
That site uses visitors assessment so it's not always safe to trust it.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(10-07-2009, 06:41 PM)n4q Wrote: That site uses visitors assessment so it's not always safe to trust it.

is it not the same as someone on here telling you what to remove from the log? just saying...
(10-07-2009, 11:24 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: is it not the same as someone on here telling you what to remove from the log? just saying...

Yea well whenever anyone tells you what to remove, you should always research on it. If you don't think its right, then don't do it.
It tells you what the bad lines are ( and sometimes the good ones are marked as bad, lol ), and you immediately think it's enough to fix the lines. But it's not, and in most cases you will just remove any traces of it while the infection will be present on your computer.

Seen it happening in other thread where Elektrisk tried to help Veteran.
Elektrisk, Viewpoint is a foistware which is really hard to remove. And removal of it does NOT include fixing of the 023 line.
That msn add on...really no need for a fix. In fact, if he's using some apple skin or whatever, he'll find his msn different and unlikely.
It would be recommended to flush the restore points before the fix(es)...so the infection can't come back. After that, you turn on the System Restore again.

There, trying to teach you a bit.
Hm, I see. I suppose suggesting an HJT section wasn't really a great idea, then, unless we can get a teaching program set up here as it was on HF. Have you talked to Valiant to see if he's coming over here?
(10-07-2009, 11:24 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: is it not the same as someone on here telling you what to remove from the log? just saying...

Yes, but I can just go and rate an AV as malicious and no one would know. However I'm pretty sure you can trust the people here.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(10-08-2009, 10:26 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Hm, I see. I suppose suggesting an HJT section wasn't really a great idea, then, unless we can get a teaching program set up here as it was on HF. Have you talked to Valiant to see if he's coming over here?

I understand he's busy with school, so I'm not pushing it. I suppose he already got the PM Omni sent to most of the members.

However, I also understand it currently doesn't lay on us to decide or start the program. Omni didn't show any interest or enthusiasm to bring it in here.
If needed, we can expand the teaching program on HF and be more active in teaching new HJT Staff so we could have 6-7 of us working on this one without any specific organization. I don't see any holes in that plan, honestly.

There would be no useless replies with dangerous fixes ( most important ), and it wouldn't be down to three users helping a whole lotta members.
Exactly what SoF said... Sure it may point out a few bad lines (and legit as bad) but it doesn't tell you how to remove the infection.. Just fixing that line will not do much at all (most of the time)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HijackThis and how to use it. Skill 26 11,915 02-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Last Post: fgderw4
  HijackThis Pl1A (Professor needed) Grin 27 8,479 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Many missing files - Hijackthis log kdang2 27 19,520 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Last Post: King
  i may be infected can you analyze this otl log please helpplease 6 2,724 11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781
  Please check my HJT logs Firetech 3 1,545 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Quintus