Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Host's Awesome Support
I'm capped atm so I can't upload a screenshot.
Since yesterday, our email has been freakin around. It won't let one email adress forward anything. As you can imagine, a buisness needs to forward many emails to the correct email or administration etc etc. It keeps bouncing them back as false-positives! I even atttempted to forward an email that was the result of a previous forwarding attempt (Mail deamon). However, when email is composed from new and then had the text xopy and pasted/ same attachments attached... it goes through fine. Our client is Mozilla Thunderbird.

Heres my ticket:
Support Ticket Wrote:Received on Feb/10/2010 7:15:18PM
We are having trouble forwarding emails from the email
"craig@xxx.xxx.xx"
These emails are getting bounced back as, what we beleive, a false positive.
I have scanned the computer, and networked drive, with both AVG Professional
Internet Security and Malwarebyte's anti-malware. Both scans produced no
infections.
As a test we tried to forward a previous email that had been produced from a
failed virus scan. This was also bounced back. I will attach the email as a
text file.
When a new email is composed and attachments from emails that can't be
forwarded are attached, the email will go through fine.
This is happening to both clients and local emails
(admin@commodorekitchens.com.au)
This computer is using Mozilla Firefox, and our other email adress can forward
emails fine.

Thankyou,
-Cameron

Attachments: Mail delivery failed returning message to sender.eml.txt (107 Kb) [download file]

Here is the response I got:

Support Staff Wrote:Sent to Cameron xxxxx on Feb/10/2010 9:28:56PM
Hi Cameron,

Please do the following:
"If you meant to send this file then please package it up as a zip file and resend it."

--
Kind regards,
Vic Graham
Just Host Support
www.justhost.com

View our online Video Tutorials here: http://www.justhost.com/video-tutorials
Introduce a friend to Just Host and receive $60! Please visit: http://www.justhost.com/affiliates

What does that even mean?
Is he asking me to email everyone that sent me an attachment to save as .zip and resend?! Thats not the problem!
I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulties with your current host. JustHost is a large business who have been getting some mixed reviews of late - thanks to their low prices, many people are attracted to them, but realise soon after sign up that they may not be able to provide the level of support or uptime that they require.

I believe that the support rep wants you to zip the .txt file you sent, add it to the ticket and send it again so that they can take a look - ambiguous, I know!

Anyway, let me know how things go...if you need any more help then feel free to contact me via PM and I'll try my best to assist you! Smile
haha thanks for the offer mate, when I get time I'll give them a call and speak to someone. Explaining stuff in writing is much harder then explaining it while talking. Also requires less effort and mistakes can be corrected straight away Tongue
Thats not that bad. I once sent a ticket in to e3b.org, and i did a type, and typed e3v.org and the reponse i got is "You do know your not hosting with us, we cannot assist you. Didn't bother to check the email or anything. Moral, support techs are usually misunderstanding.
EDIT: Support techs are usually fuckwits.

Especially the ones that think they no more about your situation/computing in general, then you do. Then when you try to explain in terms they should be able to understand (e.g. NAT Settings), and then they have no idea what your trying to do!!!
(02-17-2010, 02:30 AM)Extasey Wrote: EDIT: Support techs are usually fuckwits.

Especially the ones that think they no more about your situation/computing in general, then you do. Then when you try to explain in terms they should be able to understand (e.g. NAT Settings), and then they have no idea what your trying to do!!!

Ohhhhhhh i so agree mate. Man the last support call i made was simply a nightmare.
Also love the thread title. You know right away the ones who bothered to read the OP lol.
My theory is most hosts suck ass. And they have to sort of.
I mean if you have 1000 customers and 10% of them call you daily then it would become a problem pretty quick.
You multiply that then wow. Time for automated responses etc like most do Sad
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Hahaha, yeah I must agree. I get sick of talking to people with their stupid questions at work, and I only work 4 hour shifts!!
I guess its not their fault as all the n00bs probably wear them down. Probably best to call them in the morning when theh haven't already taken 1000 calls!
I forgot to mention. When I compressed the file the bloke then said "there is no problem here, check client"
The server has also not been sorting emails from our backup client (if I hadn't mentioned before). The emails aren't getting backed up, but they aren't coming through!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap Host with Responsive Support? Adnorips 5 399 04-05-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Tilsun
  Cheap Host with Responsive Support? Mirandas 5 269 10-18-2022, 04:21 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  How To Choose Web Hosting | 25 Awesome Tips tk-hassan 0 206 11-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  Choosing a good host, The right host for you. 4EVERPROXY 6 3,078 05-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Last Post: NexSolutions
  Silence Host - Fast - Reliable - 24/7 Support - 99.9% Uptime - Free/Paid Hosting shadowhunt 3 1,544 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Š Λ☨∀И