Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[TuT]Setting Up Your Own Forum-Fast-Free-Easy[TuT]
MYBB ftw! But most plugins are not free.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Actually...most plugins are free. The majority of them are available at mybboard.net. However, the really nice ones are available at mybbcentral.com and mybbsource.com
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Not necessarily all of the nice ones can be found there I found great ones all over the web.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
(12-09-2009, 07:16 PM)WMM Wrote: Not necessarily all of the nice ones can be found there I found great ones all over the web.

Mybbcentral is the undisputed leader in Mybb Plugins. That being said, I have about 5 different sites bookmarked for them. There are other sites with quality plugins but I'm a big fan of Mybbcentral.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Pics would be nice. But anyway, a good tut. A little hard for a newbie to follow though.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Actually there really is not simpler way to explain it.
(10-07-2009, 04:27 PM)Vorfin Wrote: Yep, MyBB is free, and better than the ones you have to pay for IMO =)

I know its old but IPB & vBulletin own myBB easily. They have more features and better skins.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Great job! Maybe you could do a video tutorial of it next? Smile
(12-12-2009, 12:50 PM)Climate Wrote: I know its old but IPB & vBulletin own myBB easily. They have more features and better skins.

Well, for nearly $200 a license, they better have more features. And the skins? If you are using the exact skin that is provided either with the software, or through a download, and not at least customizing it to suit your needs, than you really shouldn't be running a forum. Most software is easy to customize.
(12-12-2009, 02:59 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Actually there really is not simpler way to explain it.

There is, with pics. Fail.

I agree with Climate.

(12-13-2009, 03:21 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Well, for nearly $200 a license, they better have more features. And the skins? If you are using the exact skin that is provided either with the software, or through a download, and not at least customizing it to suit your needs, than you really shouldn't be running a forum. Most software is easy to customize.

Wrong again. Why not? If someone doesn't know ANY HTML or CSS the only thing he can do is use a ready made theme. Thats why people spend so much time making themes for others? You think the waste hours of work to make a theme that someone else HAS to customize to use?
Think before posting please.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 897 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  [TUT] How to round up Labrocca's Tabbed Menu tabs. Sick 4 1,605 04-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Last Post: robbygensic
  best free forum software Miku 21 4,432 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Forum software [Free] eax 10 2,547 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  How to Create a Successful Forum v2 - Free! Peter L 85 21,451 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Last Post: dog