Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a new site
Hey,

For my website, I need to make a new template, which I want to do myself. Would the best way of doing this be to make a PSD template, then code it in HTML?

~Lukas
Yeah, that's probably the best way.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
When you design a Template, you can either use other Software to slice the template for you and generate the HTML.
I wouldn't do that, so I would recommend you to create a simple template and learn to slice it first before you go on coding it...
http://www.csslicingguide.com/guide/stage_1.html
The best way would be the way you can do it best.
Well thats my theory anyway.
Really hard question to answer without more info.
I mean you could know nothing about photoshop or nothing about coding?
Cant tell based on your post so to say the best way to do something is well hard to answer.
But if i was forced to have a guess i would say you know quite a bit about photoshop and very little about coding or the question would have answered itsself. So i would say based on that you are on the money. Get your template sorted. Chop it up how ya want and then learn to code it to work properly. Might take a while but good fun i think.
(There are good web designers who work in different environments and achieve the same goals)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-01-2010, 10:06 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: Yeah, that's probably the best way.

Alright, Thanks.

(02-01-2010, 10:22 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: When you design a Template, you can either use other Software to slice the template for you and generate the HTML.
I wouldn't do that, so I would recommend you to create a simple template and learn to slice it first before you go on coding it...
http://www.csslicingguide.com/guide/stage_1.html

Thanks for that link, I will be using it most likely.

(02-02-2010, 02:09 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: The best way would be the way you can do it best.
Well thats my theory anyway.
Really hard question to answer without more info.
I mean you could know nothing about photoshop or nothing about coding?
Cant tell based on your post so to say the best way to do something is well hard to answer.
But if i was forced to have a guess i would say you know quite a bit about photoshop and very little about coding or the question would have answered itsself. So i would say based on that you are on the money. Get your template sorted. Chop it up how ya want and then learn to code it to work properly. Might take a while but good fun i think.
(There are good web designers who work in different environments and achieve the same goals)

Yeah, I have some knowledge of HTML and CSS, but my GIMP (Not PS, I dislike PS) is pretty good. I have made ONE site before, and it was pretty good. Smile