Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yin's Weekly Speech: Week 2 (Suicide).
Thanks, glad you all like them. I find time to do this every few weeks.
(01-25-2010, 08:15 PM)Yin Wrote: Suicide isn't the way to go. Do it, you're making yourself look like a fool and essentially you're "losing" the game. It's not fun in the other world, I can guarantee you'll overcome with trying. I'll guarantee you'll have more fun as life goes on than you will by taking suicide.

Comments?

Well, we actually don't KNOW whether or not it's "fun" in the other world, it might be! I'm personally hoping that death releases us from our bodies, enabling us to travel freely and instantly throughout the universe, evolving to a brand new level.

Death actually DOES magically solve all our earthly problems. If others think you look like a fool? Why would you care? You're dead!

However the problem with suicide is that after you've already hit bottom, the only way is up, and so life almost HAS to get better, and it does! In retrospect, most people who have thought about suicide are subsequently glad they failed or didn't follow through. No matter how bad your problems may seem or how impossible it may seem that they will ever get any better, they will! "This too shall pass."

Without pain, sorrow and heartache, we can never truely understand the importance of love to value it with all our hearts and souls, or fully appreciate how wonderful happiness and joy actually are. Happiness is a wonderful goal, but sorrow and pain is what defines our character, gives us depth, enables us to empathize, providing us with our humanity.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
I really enjoyed reading your story of success and turn around. It's great to hear about people really giving it their best shot and actually succeeding. Sometimes that's all it takes.

I completely agree with you about suicide, a permanent solution to a temporary problem; people see suicide as a 'last resort', no matter what kind of situation you're in, there is ALWAYS going to be other options or paths you can take. Suicide is not the answer.

Ethical
[Image: 73gfi8.jpg]
(04-07-2010, 07:31 AM)majordave Wrote: Well, we actually don't KNOW whether or not it's "fun" in the other world, it might be! I'm personally hoping that death releases us from our bodies, enabling us to travel freely and instantly throughout the universe, evolving to a brand new level.

Death actually DOES magically solve all our earthly problems. If others think you look like a fool? Why would you care? You're dead!

However the problem with suicide is that after you've already hit bottom, the only way is up, and so life almost HAS to get better, and it does! In retrospect, most people who have thought about suicide are subsequently glad they failed or didn't follow through. No matter how bad your problems may seem or how impossible it may seem that they will ever get any better, they will! "This too shall pass."

Without pain, sorrow and heartache, we can never truely understand the importance of love to value it with all our hearts and souls, or fully appreciate how wonderful happiness and joy actually are. Happiness is a wonderful goal, but sorrow and pain is what defines our character, gives us depth, enables us to empathize, providing us with our humanity.

You're right. But think about it. We don't know what's up there, or even down. It happens, for example, there's a few girls that I've heard about recently taking suicide via Facebook/FormSpring bullying, or just all around bullying (cyber, physical, emotional, etc). They thought it ended their problems. The thing is, these "internet trolls" keep going after she's dead, so obviously everyone would think of it as a fool. It's pretty obvious you would like real life more though.
This is very true and yins speeches always result in some deeper thinking. Thanks for the post
This was a very good speech.

I loved the part:

"A permanant solution, for a temporary problem."
(04-07-2010, 08:17 PM)Yin Wrote: You're right. But think about it. We don't know what's up there, or even down. It happens, for example, there's a few girls that I've heard about recently taking suicide via Facebook/FormSpring bullying, or just all around bullying (cyber, physical, emotional, etc). They thought it ended their problems. The thing is, these "internet trolls" keep going after she's dead, so obviously everyone would think of it as a fool. It's pretty obvious you would like real life more though.

Yin,

Once you're dead, they can say whatever they want. No matter what they say their words will have no effect on you whatsoever, because you can't hear them -- You're dead! Problem solved!

And bullying can actually only have as much of an effect on you as you allow it to. Myself personally, if some low-life scumbag goes around talking crap about me, good! The only people dirtbags like are other dirtbags, so if they don't like me, Wonderful! I wouldn't want a dirtbag to like me, and it thrills me to no end that they don't.

And for all we know, the afterlife may very well be better, and I honestly believe that it will be, at least for those who learned the lessons life is intended to teach. Please consider, if you truly have faith, death is a reward.

But I don't believe suicide should even be a consideration. Depression, unhappiness and even pain teach us far more about happiness and joy than we could ever possibly hope to learn without them. Considering your username, you should understand the yin/yang relationship.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
I hope nobody will kill himself.Unsure

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suicide Prevention Solidify 143 47,358 05-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Last Post: arnoldbrame
  My Girlfriend just committed Suicide Modern 28 10,389 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Dubai
  Contemplating Suicide. Nonac 3 894 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Last Post: System Meltdown
  Suicide Attempted [3x] Winter™ 22 3,450 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Delete This Sorry
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,695 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine