Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justhost.com??
Looking to start up my new GFX site soon and am looking for a good host. Last site I had I was looking into switching over to justhost.com as I have been told it is pretty good for hosting. So far it's my main option but I was curious if anyone had any thoughts or facts about the host that I should know about before getting into anything. Also I was curious about how safe it would be to register under my real info with the site. If my site is hacked would people have access to this info and so forth? Or should I just register with a fake name and such...
[Image: NewPeacesig.png]
Peace hath more tests of manhood then battle hath ever known.
Seriously 18 views and no one can comment or give me any info?
Hey there,

Before I begin, please note that I am (obviously) subject to a little bias because I work in this very industry. Nevertheless, I'll try to give you the most balanced point of view that I can.

I'm sure your personal data will be kept securely by JustHost, and I suggest that you use your real details - in many cases, fraud checking systems will reject orders for clients using fake details, and they may require that you use the correct details - which may be stated in their TOS.

I'm not a big fan of "Unlimited" offerings by companies - it is impossible to have unlimited disk space, therefore, it is impossible for a host to offer you unlimited storage. It's a marketing tactic/lie that gets people going to companies like this far too often! To put things in perspective, the average shared hosting customer tends to use ~1GB space - with many people using less than that amount. It may be more worthwhile searching for a service with quotas in order to receive a better all round experience - IMHO I'd rather be with a company who had "boundaries" and know where I was with them instead of going with one and getting booted thanks to a vague clause in a TOS...but that's just my opinion.
Mmk well thank you for the info Vivid I appreciate it a lot! If you need any GFX work done in the future lemme know and I'll see what I can do!
(01-23-2010, 03:34 AM)s9TeeN Wrote: Mmk well thank you for the info Vivid I appreciate it a lot! If you need any GFX work done in the future lemme know and I'll see what I can do!

Heh, thanks mate - will do! The same for you with hosting ;)