Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gtkpod help?
Hello. I have an 8gig black iPod Nano (I don't know what gen it is, but it can play videos + view photographs, as well as play games). I've always used Windows up until now. I got gtkpod and tried to add songs to the device, but the program did not recognize (display) my iPod. It is mounted, and I can listen to it in RhythmBox perfectly fine. A guide I read on "ubuntugeek"(I think?) stated that it should automatically be added as a repository (the iPod), but in my case, it isn't. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm very new to Linux, so if you need any additional information, please, let me know.
Well, I'm not really sure about GTKPod, but I reccomend using Banshee. It's a great Audio Player, with built in iPod support. My iPod worked perfectly with Banshee, try it out and see what happens.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(01-14-2010, 02:55 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: Well, I'm not really sure about GTKPod, but I reccomend using Banshee. It's a great Audio Player, with built in iPod support. My iPod worked perfectly with Banshee, try it out and see what happens.

OK, this is somewhat unrelated, but I just realized all of the music was wiped from my iPod. It's weird, though. If I plug it into my computer, I can listen to it and all the tracks. but if I unplug it from my computer, it says "No songs - You can add music by syncing your iPod to iTunes." I freakin hate Apple. Any ideas?
I'm assuming that that's because Linux tried formatting your iPod, so you lost your music. I had that same problem, but I was fixed when I used Banshee, and got music off from there.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
In Rhythmbox make sure the ipod plugin is enabled in edit plugins. I would suggest you make a backup of all the music (im guessing you should be able to access the music somewhere on the ipods filesystem , i don't own an ipod so im not sure) and format it and then see if it can be used in rhythmbox as it sounds like its database may have become corrupt.
Well, I do have a backup of my music; on an external harddrive. I've decided to just switch back to XP. I was merely testing Ubuntu to see if it's something I'd like, and there's not a good enough reason for me to switch OS's, it appears. Thanks all, anyway.