Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-Tab+fullscreen in ubuntu
I have searched google and it seems to be an ongoing problem. The problem being that games steal all of the keyboard inputs and you can not Alt-tab.

my question is, is there any linux distro where alt+tabing works.
Dude, alt-tab switches applications in Ubuntu.....
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Download a game like warzone 2100 or any other game that can go fullscreen and attempt to Alt-Tab. It will not work. There are even 20+ bug reports in the ubuntu reporter and a few forum topic on thier forums.
(01-10-2010, 02:17 PM)Whinis Wrote: Download a game like warzone 2100 or any other game that can go fullscreen and attempt to Alt-Tab. It will not work. There are even 20+ bug reports in the ubuntu reporter and a few forum topic on thier forums.
I don't fool with games so I wouldn't know. Good luck though. Blackhat
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
That seems like a bug in the game itself if it is stealing all keyboard input in full screen , however it seems like sane behavior.
Full screen? Because that never worked for me.
System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts
I searched around for days and found that its becuase the graphical server called xorg allows fullscreen programs to steal all key entries except 1 and that is alt+enter which takes the program out of fullscreen.
so key press would be

alt+enter
alt+tab
Works like that in windows also ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,065 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,675 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,202 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha