Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anonymous Reps
I read your post guys interesting to here about YOUR personnel life, but I would like if you got back on topic.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
(01-10-2010, 02:17 AM)DAMINKā„¢ Wrote: Mybb will not be venturing outside the rep system any time soon as far as i know.
Its a plugin situation. A simple one that is prob already around. Like i said i have one similar already.
Omni could make it up in no time.
It appears we have too many members here that are really anal about rep. Its silly and should be killed.
BRING ON THE THANKYOU OPTION OMNI and end all this rep related convo. SIMPLE!!

I agree. Thanks would be much better for this site.
(01-10-2010, 12:40 PM)WMM Wrote: I read your post guys interesting to here about YOUR personnel life, but I would like if you got back on topic.

Are you going to contribute anything to it or are you just going to complain?
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Where is this one called Omni any way.... I haven't seen a post by him in a couple of days and I don't think this thread is going to get much further without his input.

BTW, I thought up of a way to refine my original idea of people having an average from -5 to 5, rather than taking a traditional average (a mean) we take a median, that will discount any outliers and completely solve the problem of revenge and abuse reps.

For example if someone has the following reps: 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, -5, 1

We arrange the numbers in ascending order so -5, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4 then we take the middle of those numbers which is 2, so the median would be 2 and this is unaffected by that -5 that is there.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
What else do you want from me? I gave my opinion when I made this post.
I believe the reputation system is good when used right but with this mod omni added the anonymous thing is sorta annoying the way I view it. The only reason it seems it was made is to prevent rep wars. I think there should be a mod where you can received reputation on the quality of your post, for example. There are 2 different buttons, this is just a example, 'Good Post' 'Bad Post'. When clicked it will add to your rep. The only thing the user can view of his reps is how many he has and on what post. Now that would be sorta interesting to see how that would play out on this forum, I believe it would be more productive and less work for staff.
Give an opinion =stating once or twice.
Whining = stating it 10's of times.
Wait I am confused call them opinions?
What is this, national flame war while mods go on vacation day or something?! Every forum I go on today seems to be in the middle of a huge argument.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Ah this is not a argument.
Its sorta like a debate I guess :S
Yeah I have grown to like WMM (unlike when he first joined) and I was pulling his leg.

Take a look at the way it's set up in the forum in my sig with IPB. It has a "rate this post up" and "rate this post down" option. In Admin I can have it set who can see who repped them. But, if I click up, it'll +rep them with a link to that post, same as if I click down only negative.

And this actually isn't an argument. Well, technically it is as that is what a debate is lol. But, surprisingly, there really isn't any flaming going on at all in this thread (unlike other threads) and I don't think WMM got any -rep for complaining about it (like usually happens).
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps Omniscient 38 8,719 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: itmoney22
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 617 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,227 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous Reps Omniscient 19 2,686 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
  Anonymous rep? alfonzo1955 6 995 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM