Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anonymous Reps
This thread is talking about interesting solutions, IMHO I want to here them Smile
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Best solution, disable rep.
(01-09-2010, 11:47 PM)Aristotle Wrote: Best solution, disable rep.

You see here is my take on why i think your wrong.
Its a support forum. Mainly driven by the members. US!!!!
If the population thinks something is wrong then it needs to be heard by the boss man OMNI.
But whatever.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-09-2010, 08:01 PM)Tim Wrote: Well unlike the other threads there has at least been a level of consensus about the direction of the solution so at the very least this thread has been more productive then the previous ones.

Exactly. Instead of a flame war it actually is a productive discussion on how to make it better.

(01-09-2010, 11:47 PM)Aristotle Wrote: Best solution, disable rep.

No, this isn't the best solution. Rep is good and it generally motivates people to post quality content (of course there are rep whores). The answer isn't to disable rep. The answer to this thread is "How can we make this better" Maybe suggestions out of here can be suggested to the MyBB Dev's to attempt to get it working better. I honestly don't know though waht they have planned for 1.6 though.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Mybb will not be venturing outside the rep system any time soon as far as i know.
Its a plugin situation. A simple one that is prob already around. Like i said i have one similar already.
Omni could make it up in no time.
It appears we have too many members here that are really anal about rep. Its silly and should be killed.
BRING ON THE THANKYOU OPTION OMNI and end all this rep related convo. SIMPLE!!
The Rules!

We just need to have the discusison about rep on the MyBB site. Then it'd really turn out to be a productive discussion.
I agree mate. I wish Omni would enter into this one. Give it his "give me more" or "Piss off" response so we know if its worth continuing.
Fact is and i know he knows it the rep system is so flawed its almost useless.
In reality though i plan to be at this forum only another few days before i depart anyways so it really doesnt matter specifically to me but still i feel my opinion has merit as do everyone else's here in this thread.
The Rules!

DAMINK, you said that about a month and a half ago and here you are ;)

You can never leave, you'll miss me too much.
To be honest mate i start work tomorrow and decide i need to spend more time with my children and thus i have been slowing down on net use.
I do plan on avoiding all forums but my own. In the hope i can revive it but also i want to simply dedicate the next year to my kids and getting a home.
I need to pull me finger out of my ass man. I have spent too much time on the pc instead of with my kids.
I want to start teaching them Martial Arts and Aussie rules Football and Cricket etc. Get them down the beach and teach them how to swim properly, not in a pool lol.
I really need to be a better dad man. And i will be.
Last thing i want is my kids ending up with a fuckin dad like mine!!
The Rules!

Ehh, being a dad is over-rated honestly. j/k.

I generally devote the time I get home until their bed time to them and my wife. Then after that it's free for all. Non work days I spend quite a bit of time with them lol. And I still manage to browse a lot of forums at one time.

And cricket = fail. It's the dumbest game I've ever seen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps Omniscient 38 8,626 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: itmoney22
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 613 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,172 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous Reps Omniscient 19 2,651 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
  Anonymous rep? alfonzo1955 6 980 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM