Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ubuntu driver for intel wifi link 1000 bgn
My laptop's wifi card intel wifi link 1000 bgn is not automatically installed in linux, is there anyway to install it without internet?
Do you have an ethernet cable?
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Yep i agree with trilobyte. I have had this problem and thats how i overcome it.
Other than that you would need to download the rpm from another pc and store it on usb or similar i would think.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-04-2010, 02:21 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yep i agree with trilobyte. I have had this problem and thats how i overcome it.
Other than that you would need to download the rpm from another pc and store it on usb or similar i would think.

Ok next question where would I get said driver. because I have enough usb drives to go to the moon and no easily accessible Ethernet port however several internet enabled computers.
I hope this helps :
Code:
It turns out I had to download the 1000bgn microcode from http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads, extract it and copy it to /lib/firmware/.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=667476

He seems to have the same wifi card as you :
Code:
iwlagn 0000:01:00.0: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link 1000 Series BGN REV=0x6C
[Image: mint.png]
Also, what Linux distro are you actually using?
(01-04-2010, 07:10 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Also, what Linux distro are you actually using?
Uh I am using ubuntu 9.04 however I found that site above shortly before he posted it and found that 9.10 had the drivers already in it so I did a disc upgrade quickly. Now I just need to get the webcam, mic, lights, and other stuff to work. oh well at least I got Internet now
It should be easy getting the Mic and Webcam etc to work. With Fedora 12, which I recently installed, all my mic and webcam drivers were already installed. Which I was surprised by; considering my webcam is a Microfail one.
(01-04-2010, 08:18 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: It should be easy getting the Mic and Webcam etc to work. With Fedora 12, which I recently installed, all my mic and webcam drivers were already installed. Which I was surprised by; considering my webcam is a Microfail one.

Well mine isn't even being recognized by ls so I figured that it can't communicate for whatever reason.

but it does show up when i try to view using cheese, and now mic works after update Smile
Hiya.......Smile

Hmm........i think u should take help of net.

Thanks

Regards
~~Lyssa~~

Magic Microphone Karaoke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,070 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  [Ubuntu 10.10]WiFi Detected,Connected but Firefox won't connect. aggouras 9 6,560 04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Charles
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,683 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Wifi Problem zShotS 5 2,265 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,214 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha